• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

bpd1151's 2010 SHO Rebuild Thread....

Started by bpd1151, July 24, 2019, 12:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bronco2fan

Most definitely the prettiest SHO motor and accessories I've ever seen. Waiting patiently for it all to come together.
2019 Mustang GT, Velocity Blue 5.0 PP, 2015 Audi Q7 TFSI Quattro. 2013 Ruby Red Metallic, PP.  06 F150 Harley-Davidson Edition, 03 Mustang GT Conv, 84 Bronco II, and my 97 Jeep GC Laredo 5.2.

Davidsiebert2

That jet hot coating , is that the plasma ceramic ???!! I wanted to try that on my downpipes and my intake manifold to compare temps. Supposed to be 33% increase in heat dissipation compared to traditional ceramic .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpd1151

@ DavidS......

I do not know the entire process(es) involved, however I believe there may likely be some information available on their website.

All I do know, is that their 2500 degree coating was not only the highest available, but also the one they specifically recommended for a turbo application design.

Good luck in your research!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

bpd1151

03/10/20......

Engine builder retrieved numerous parts from powder coater today.

He's leaving most of them packaged up, until ready for install, as he doesn't want to see any of them get damaged.

He did however unpack the intake plenum, as he has to bend the lines and install the individual injectors from the Pro-Meth kit next.

Here's pics of that alone.....

bpd1151

All of these parts have been thermal coated from what understand as well. Just added info. 

bpd1151

03/11/20......

Intake plenum's completed!

I commented to the engine builder that it almost resembles the species of BORG of Star Trek TNG and Voyager fame!

Ha!

Moisme33

Quote from: bpd1151 on March 11, 2020, 01:44:32 PM
03/11/20......

I commented to the engine builder that it almost resembles the species of BORG of Star Trek TNG and Voyager fame!

Before you track it, you should tell your opponents to be prepared to be assimilated! Haha!

J-Will

That is beautiful

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

TopherSho

Hey BPD,  you a roadkill fan?  (subscription required)

https://www.motortrendondemand.com/show/engine-masters/42026332/

Have a look at this ^ .. Any chance your modding the oil pan to avoid windage and or adding in a crank scraper?    *If* your going above 7000 rpm might yield some extremely good results.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

bpd1151

@ topher......

It is NOT something I have considered, or even addressed. Some neat info though.

Taken under advisement.

ZSHO

03/11/20......

Ha!

I must admit that's truly some quality craftsmanship right there.  :thumb:  It looks like you have a Solenoid in order to keep an equal amount of Methanol distributed to each nozzle correct! To be honest Mine does not line up when compared to yours! Best of luck there bpd1151 on your custom build and Enjoy. Z   :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

nickstewartroc

Quote from: ZSHO on March 16, 2020, 06:32:57 PM
03/11/20......

Ha!

I must admit that's truly some quality craftsmanship right there.  :thumb:  It looks like you have a Solenoid in order to keep an equal amount of Methanol distributed to each nozzle correct! To be honest Mine does not line up when compared to yours! Best of luck there bpd1151 on your custom build and Enjoy. Z   :)

That looks like the stock solenoid for the BPVs I believe
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

ZSHO

@- nickstewartroc I was referencing to bpd1151 new Direct port setup in (white). The other PIC is my current setup from a few years ago. It looks like they implemented an additional injector along with a Solenoid to control an equal amount of Meth distributed to each injector via outlet of IC! I should of been more descriptive. Thanks. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

bpd1151

Quote from: ZSHO on March 17, 2020, 06:46:48 PM
@- nickstewartroc I was referencing to bpd1151 new Direct port setup in (white). The other PIC is my current setup from a few years ago. It looks like they implemented an additional injector along with a Solenoid to control an equal amount of Meth distributed to each injector via outlet of IC! I should of been more descriptive. Thanks. Z
As usual Z......

You my friend are quite observant.

There is a 7th injector that will be being installed closer towards/down by the IC.

The solenoid on top is exactly for what you described. Keep the injectors charged and flowing properly/evenly.

Very good observations.

ZSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on March 17, 2020, 06:57:47 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on March 17, 2020, 06:46:48 PM
As usual Z......

You my friend are quite observant.

There is a 7th injector that will be being installed closer towards/down by the IC.

The solenoid on top is exactly for what you described. Keep the injectors charged and flowing properly/evenly.

Very good observations.

It's something I have considered on numerous occasions.. I would emphasize that you will need to get it tuned properly especially for that additional jet! Sometimes less volume is more. Z