• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

bpd1151's 2010 SHO Rebuild Thread....

Started by bpd1151, July 24, 2019, 12:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gjkrisa

Quote from: bamsho on December 14, 2019, 09:01:09 AM
Quote from: Gjkrisa on December 14, 2019, 02:29:21 AM
Be very interesting to see how the ceramic does for staying clean under a vehicle

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

For the bigger car shows that Mike attends, they will stay clean.  The judges are very picky.
I'm not speaking of his ocd and meticulous detail but of how the heat is going to effect them

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

bpd1151

Well, I'll just say if it discolors due to heat, I'll be placing some not so pleasant phone calls back to the vendor.

I was told it won't (discolor). But I'll find out.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Gjkrisa

Quote from: bpd1151 on December 14, 2019, 12:36:04 PM
Well, I'll just say if it discolors due to heat, I'll be placing some not so pleasant phone calls back to the vendor.

I was told it won't (discolor). But I'll find out.

Yea I have ceramic pans that mostly still look like new after five years but have some spots that are not perfect but who knows how much that relates

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

J-Will

You'll like xpel. I have it on the Yukon XL from the doors forward. Just have the rear quarters, hatch and rear bumper. I won't do the roof, it's too large. The front has been protected from Northern VA and DC rock chips. Did (minor) paint correction before the film went on and ceramic after. So shiny and clean and protected.

Oh I even had film out on the inside door sill to help prevent scratches from people entering and exiting.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

bpd1151

@J-Will......

That's excellent to hear 1st hand experience with that product, and that you've been happy with it.

I was already beyond any warranty period with the old, 3M Clear Bra, so I already knew the last 2 seasons it needed to be replaced.

No better time to tackle that aspect of the project than now. Particularly knowing the car was/is down for an extended period.

Look'n forward to the new film and hoping to be equally as impressed as you. Thanks!

bpd1151

12/16/19.......

Custom EM's in development. Some progress pics, along with a couple of pics showing the impeccable weld work. Exciting!

bpd1151

12/16/19 *BONUS*.......

Repair, repaint of bumper cover and then the install of splitter, with CF rods is now complete. In its' entirety, and has been retrieved and brought home.

Where it is now resting/hibernating comfortably in my basement, atop the pool table. Hahaha.

Tried to get a couple of side shots to help show just far out the splitter extends. Hopefully it can be seen.

Like I stated the other day, turned out even better than I had expected.

bpd1151

12/16/19..... **DOUBLE BONUS**

Few more late night pics of further progression on the custom EM's..... 

802SHO

The Splitter/Front Clip looks AWESOME!  That custom Exhaust Manifold is BEEFY....not only performance/power but the sound....man what will this Exhaust sound like now?  The welds are beautiful.  Skilled metal fabrication and welding is ART!
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

bpd1151

Quote from: 802SHO on December 18, 2019, 05:26:51 AM
The Splitter/Front Clip looks AWESOME!  That custom Exhaust Manifold is BEEFY....not only performance/power but the sound....man what will this Exhaust sound like now?  The welds are beautiful.  Skilled metal fabrication and welding is ART!

Thanks. It is impressive to see the updates and progress, as they are provided to me.

I'm equally impressed with the talents and craftsmanship being performed.

As far as the sound? Hmmm..... never even dawned upon me to think of that aspect of it until you just mentioned it now. No clue.

Suppose we'll all find out.

I do recall, as most of you will likewise, that sitting stationary/parked, our cars, even when revved up, leave something to be desired. Stock, or modified.

I'll have to try and obtain a drive by pic as the exhaust note seems to sound "throatier" under load.

irondoor19

2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

ZSHO

@- bpd1151- Its great to see much progress into your newly custom build.  :thumb:  :thumb:

Best of luck on your Quest to break the Speed Barrier! Z 

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

bpd1151

Thanks Z!

I wish my SHO had trans warp capabilities akin to the latest iteration of the Enterprise.

But unfortunately, not sure if the tech is quite there yet for that.

Maybe if it is, the government's hiding it in/at Area 51? .

LOL

bpd1151

12/21/19......

Some more work being done on the custom Exhaust Manifolds today. Just got the following pics and message from the machine shop owner.

He stated the following....

Quote: "Some measurement pics for the masses.

Entry to the port almost stayed the same size. Only changed .030 in one direction from the porting done on it, and a constant tubing size of 1.592.

Which increases the runner area by almost 20 percent". ----End Quote.

802SHO

I think a 20% increase in flow starting at the beginning of the entire exhaust system may indeed yield more than 20% overall.  I'm very interested in a set, as these will give my build a true "full exhaust" and equally interesting to me is what the sound enhancement will be.  Win (flow) Win (complete exhaust system) Win (sound enhancement) Triple Threat
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20