• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

H&R Springs - Alignment Help

Started by arttyszka, August 27, 2013, 08:58:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arttyszka

Hi guys, I was just calling around for a local shop to install the H&R Flex springs on my Explorer.  The shop said they'll need the alignment specs for the new springs.  I've never heard of this and am wondering if anyone ran into this when installing springs on their Flex/SHO/Explorer and what you did.

Thanks
Art
2014 Explorer Sport
Lund Tuned | 170 t-stat | K&N Panel | H&R Springs | Coolbulbs.com HID's

EcoBrick Bob

You need to have them align it to the original Ford specs.  There are no new alignment specs for H & R springs.  However, they may not have the Explorer alignment specs.  You can get those from your Ford dealer, which is what I did with my Flex a few years ago.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

arttyszka

Bob, this makes a lot more sense, much appreciated.

Art
2014 Explorer Sport
Lund Tuned | 170 t-stat | K&N Panel | H&R Springs | Coolbulbs.com HID's

bpd1151

I had posted a set of the OEM alignment specs for my 2010 SHO IN MY "How-To" thread on "How To Get Your SHO back to Factory Alignment" or something titled like that.

After all, it's been like three years now since I wrote it up.

Check there for the specs. But again, it's for my 2010. I would assume they've remain unchanged.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 6

EcoBrick Bob

Explorer may be different than SHO or Flex.   What happens with many alignment shops is that they depend on their Alignment Machine Supplier for a disc that gives them alignment specs for vehicles.  The Explorer Sport is new enough that they may not have this in their system.  While it may be the same as all V-6 Explorers, it might be different and exclusive to the Sport.  In my case, the local shop that installed my H & R's wanted the disc from company, so they didn't have to spend time manually entering the data I got from my dealer into their system. But, by me getting the correct data, they were able to verify they had correct alignment specs already.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.