• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Inferred Octane

Started by GhostlyGrenade, July 18, 2019, 06:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GhostlyGrenade

Is OAR another way of displaying inferred octane? Or is more of an indication of correct fuel for a given tune? It seems like OAR of -1 is equal to 98 octane on my E30 tune comparing it to the inferred octane reading.  is -1 the highest it can reach?
I know I'll probably end up buying one of the ethanol analyzers eventually.
2015 SHO Darkside paint color, 3 bar, Motorcraft SP542 plugs@0.28, MSD Coils, K&N drop in, Continental Extreme Contact tires 255/45R20, EBC Yellow pads, 170 T-Stat, Redline 5w30, updated to the 2018+ trans mount, E-30 Blend, TUNED by AJPTurbo

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: GhostlyGrenade on July 18, 2019, 06:15:31 PM
Is OAR another way of displaying inferred octane? Or is more of an indication of correct fuel for a given tune? It seems like OAR of -1 is equal to 98 octane on my E30 tune comparing it to the inferred octane reading.  is -1 the highest it can reach?
I know I'll probably end up buying one of the ethanol analyzers eventually.
Brad is better at explaining this, hopefully he will pop in...but I'd say correct octane for the tune being ran sounds right.

That being said mine scales to -1.4 and its maxed. IIRC Its not as simple as just changing the setting to scale since it affects your timing tables. IMO part throttle response is better with OAR cranked.

GhostlyGrenade

hmm, now i am curious as to how far it can scale and what would be the pros and cons of a larger scale. i have tried a lot of different fuels and additives and never saw anything higher than -1. i learned that most octane boosters don't do anything really and also discovered that sheetz here has top notch e85 and 93. for octane boosters i can recommend torco, lucas, royal purple, 104, and vp racing.

I'm sure brad can explain OAR, he seems extremely knowledgeable and very good at details. that is the primary reason i switched to his tunes.
2015 SHO Darkside paint color, 3 bar, Motorcraft SP542 plugs@0.28, MSD Coils, K&N drop in, Continental Extreme Contact tires 255/45R20, EBC Yellow pads, 170 T-Stat, Redline 5w30, updated to the 2018+ trans mount, E-30 Blend, TUNED by AJPTurbo