• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

rough idle no accel response and P0087 code

Started by lamrith, July 13, 2019, 05:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: lamrith on July 15, 2019, 04:29:28 PM
Quote from: glock-coma on July 15, 2019, 04:13:49 PM
That that module is toast. It internally shorted out. That's the burn mark you see
Thanks Livernois!  Yeah I had the car towed home so I could dig into it and swap out tune/MAP if needed to hit a dealer.  Not sure a dealer would replace it since my car shows it was already done?  IT is so simple though I will swap on my own and hope that is the failure item.

Quote from: glock-coma on July 15, 2019, 04:13:49 PM
That that module is toast. It internally shorted out. That's the burn mark you see
That is what I was thinking too, but then the pictures Z sent both of his had marks in the same location so maybe it is just a casting mark?

I really wish someone had a wiring diagram on the pinout for that connector, be nice to be able to put a resistor in there to jumper it to force the pump on at a low setting and verify it is not the pump itself.

No problem, happy to help out!  Yeah that was a good idea to get it home and assess the situation first for sure.  I'd be curious to know if that module does the trick like my co-workers 2013 PP in case I run into any other customers having similar issues. 

lamrith

Should know more tonight, Dealer just called and the module is in.  Pick it up on way home from work and install tonight. 

Any bets on what I do?

• Get home and go in house like usual then come out to install module and see what happens?
  • Get home and go straight to car SHO, install module and try it before cooling fan on car I drove home stops spinning?
:judge:
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

shoNoff

For me it would be

3) leave work early pick up part and install it before cars cooling fans turn off lol
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

lamrith

Quote from: shoNoff on July 16, 2019, 12:07:11 PM
For me it would be

3) leave work early pick up part and install it before cars cooling fans turn off lol
HEH  would love to, but got a hot emergency project here at work that I am waiting on info for.  Soon as get data going to be chaos trying to make a miracle happen for customer.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

lamrith

IT LIVES!!!! 
For those curious, fans were still spinning on car I drove when installed module and fired the SHO up.

As you can see in picts, Ford blue runs deep in this driveway.  95 mustang convertible been my daily with sho down.  The 94 is new project car. 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

shoNoff

Quote from: lamrith on July 16, 2019, 08:43:39 PM
IT LIVES!!!! 
For those curious, fans were still spinning on car I drove when installed module and fired the SHO up.

As you can see in picts, Ford blue runs deep in this driveway.  95 mustang convertible been my daily with sho down.  The 94 is new project car. 

Now that's a good looking driveway! Glad the sho is back up and running.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

lamrith

Quote from: shoNoff on July 18, 2019, 02:48:26 PM
Quote from: lamrith on July 16, 2019, 08:43:39 PM
IT LIVES!!!! 

Now that's a good looking driveway! Glad the sho is back up and running.
TY, used car lot for sure right now.  Gotta get garage remodel done so a few can move back inside and get taken apart!  393 going into the green one.

Livernois Motorsports

That is excellent news! 

Glad to hear that module did the trick.  I'm sure that was a huge relief when it fired up and ran well.  Very nice fleet you have there also!