• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

rough idle no accel response and P0087 code

Started by lamrith, July 13, 2019, 05:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lamrith

Title pretty much sums it up, wife was driving today and the car died on her.  She said it stopped respond to pedal and then died.  Thankfully she coasted to side of road safely.  I had her try pull codes and it gave her none.  I ran out there hit starter and took long time to start then idled rough.  I pulled codes and P0087.  Not sure if it could be related, but I had a P0627 code pop up randomly 2 months ago, then it popped up a week after than and nothing since.  Only code now is P0087.

Quick search here and it seems that might be a TSB related to P0087, but also chances it is;

• LPFP and sender (PN DA5Z*9H307*F)as the gasket set (PN 4L3Z*9276*AA)
  • Fuel pump module ( anyone have a part number?)

Since I am tuned I am doubting a reflash of factory updated tune per the TSB is going to fix it?  It is probably "mechanical" (failed hardware) in some way?

Is there a way to diagnose if it is the fuel pump/module vs a bad injector?  We have had a few bad injectors on board in the last year and my biggest concern is nuking the motor from hydrolock.  I have no problem doing a fuel pump myself, but if I take it to a dealer to have them run thru it to diagnose it then I am really stuck with them and at their mercy and I am not a fan of that for something I can diagnose and fix myself.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

ZSHO

It sounds like it's your Fuel pump control module!  Recall performed!
Glad no one was injured during this ordeal! Z

AA8Z-9D370-B  - $42.73

[RECALL PDF BELOW]

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8JUL90DXgdiaWxocmdhUnEteTdQbmdTbDJzU3BKLXpFZzQw/view?usp=drivesdk

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-module-engine-fuel_aa8z-9d370-b.html?Vin=1FAHP2KT5DG183206&Filter=()&Location=relays,,9D370

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

lamrith

Quote from: ZSHO on July 13, 2019, 06:11:08 PM
It sounds like it's your Fuel pump control module!  Recall performed!
Glad no one was injured during this ordeal! Z

AA8Z-9D370-B  - $42.73

[RECALL PDF BELOW]

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8JUL90DXgdiaWxocmdhUnEteTdQbmdTbDJzU3BKLXpFZzQw/view?usp=drivesdk

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-module-engine-fuel_aa8z-9d370-b.html?Vin=1FAHP2KT5DG183206&Filter=()&Location=relays,,9D370
Thanks Z!!

Is there by chance a way to lookup online if that recall has been done on my car?
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

ZSHO

Do you have an account! If so simply Register/Sign in by using your Vin number. Z

https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/maintenance/recalls.html?pagename=Owner/Page/RecallsPage%3fgnav=footer-owner

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

lamrith

Quote from: ZSHO on July 13, 2019, 06:28:33 PM
Do you have an account! If not simply Register using your Vin number. Z

https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/maintenance/recalls.html?pagename=Owner/Page/RecallsPage%3fgnav=footer-owner
YOU D MAN Z!!

Looks like the only thing outstanding on my vehicle though is the APIM Warranty extension. 
Field Service Action Number: 12M02

ZSHO

SHOdded

Helpful thread
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,4974

Since it is so easy to get to, take a pic of what you got.  Dunno if it will have a production date stamp on it, but replacing it yourself is super easy.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

lamrith

Quote from: SHOdded on July 13, 2019, 07:33:35 PM
Helpful thread
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,4974

Since it is so easy to get to, take a pic of what you got.  Dunno if it will have a production date stamp on it, but replacing it yourself is super easy.
You thinking it might actually be the HPFP instead of the LPFP or relay?  I will post some picts in a few min.

lamrith

Plugs are all dry.  How long would it take for them to be dry if I had bad injector??  It has been a few hours since the car last ran.
My concern is bad injector and hydrolock.  Injector replacement is out of my wheelhouse.  Pumps and relays I can do here at home..

Plug order per picture
2 1
4 3
6 5

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

lamrith

Part of my concern is that the P0087 code for low pressure was because an injector was stuck open, and the fuel pump could not keep up which is why I keep bringing that concern up, maybe I am just overthinking it?  There was zero fuel smell out of any of the cylinders or from any of the injectors. 

TopherSho

as a recent victim myself, your oil would smell ...
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

lamrith

Quote from: TopherSho on July 13, 2019, 11:50:57 PM
as a recent victim myself, your oil would smell ...
Mine does not, I have no fuel smell anyplace.  I will start with the relay module and go from there.

ZSHO

Quote from: lamrith on July 13, 2019, 09:35:57 PM
Plugs are all dry.  How long would it take for them to be dry if I had bad injector??  It has been a few hours since the car last ran.
My concern is bad injector and hydrolock.  Injector replacement is out of my wheelhouse.  Pumps and relays I can do here at home..

Plug order per picture
2 1
4 3
6 5

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
I think SHOdded meant PICS of the FDM behind passenger rear seat!
The plugs look overly well done!
R those the original spark plugs! Some new COP are in order
Z

lamrith

Those are NGK LTR7I-11 plug they are year and half old.  They have a tapered electrode and ground bar like that from the factory if you are thinking that is errosion.  There are no signs or erosion or degradation of the electrode or ground bar on eh ones I have pulled, they are still crisp and uniform in shape.

But yes since the are out, I plan to replace them.  I will say the boot lubricant I used when I did the plugs a year ago has worked wonders.  the plugs AND boots slid right off with zero problems.  MUCH nicer than the 10rnd battle royal I had with the original ones.

lamrith

Quick follow up.  I put plugs back in and put everything back together.  Got the Livewire display reconfigured so I could see rail pressure.  Pretty sure the LPFP or Module is bad.  Could not get over 11psi fuel pressure, that tells me the HPFP is not getting anything as I bet the LPFP puts out more than 11psi if it is working.