• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

rough idle no accel response and P0087 code

Started by lamrith, July 13, 2019, 05:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Hard to say if either was replaced or simply passed inspection.  Time to get eyes on the control module.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

lamrith

Few picts.  Sorry not greatest, phone would not connect to PC to edit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

lamrith

I zoomed in on this as I could tell there was some sort of engraving there, but it is super faint.

Then I noticed the blemish, it is hard to tell, but zoomed in that mark on top right looks like it got hot?  melted from inside?  I thought maybe a mold mark but is an odd shape/location for that.

Contacting dealer in morning to see how much they want for a module.  Rockauto has it, but to get it quick then is $$ for shipping.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

SHOdded

Instructions for inspection per recall
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8JUL90DXgdiWHR0eVhmb3RXNTF1RzM3ZDlCcjN2bEJsMGJN/view?usp=sharing

Replacement part number:
AA8Z-9D370-B/D or GA8Z-9D370-A

Try scanning the bar code, may be some useful info there.  What is the build date on your SHO?

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

lamrith

Scanning did not turn up anything.

Per that last  pdf I need to change it.

No idea build date on the car other than it is a 2013 my, pretty sure purchased by original owner oct/nov of 2012.  Where can I find build date?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

SHOdded

Usually on the label on the driver door jamb. Top left.

ZSHO

That looks very similar to my old module!
[Mid page] Old module vs new module for comparison.  Z

New module

Old module

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=6600.150

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

lamrith

Thanks Z!  Interesting that mine does not have the code per SHOdded document, yet is older and looks like your old one.  I also noticed that both of yours have the casting mark in the same place as mine so it did not burn up or anything, just failed.

Crossing fingers that dealer has one nearby to have in a day or two.

lamrith

Finally got in touch with dealer this morning.  They do nto have the module in stock but can have it tomorrow.  Bit more $ than RockAuto, BUT have it tomorrow, and Rock auto I would have to hope they ship today and then pay air freight.  So I bit bullet and had dealer bring it in. 

Crossing fingers the beast is back roaring tomorrow night.

SHOdded

jims2015

Isn't the module covered by the recall? When I heard of the module recall, I checked the ID on the module and mine was one that needed replacement. I didn't want to take the car in as I just installed a tune. So I ordered one from an online discount parts Ford dealer. They sent the one that was being recalled. They didn't have the replacement modules in stock yet. I sent it back and ordered from another online dealer. Same results. So I went to my local dealer and they had the correct replacement module in stock. Of course I had to pay retail. Then I received the recall notice and took it to that same local dealer and they reimbursed me the full price I paid for the module.

2015 PP, Thunderstorm DP & CAI. AlkyControl, Livernois dyno tune

2019 Corvette C7 Z51 A8 No mods

lamrith

Quote from: jims2015 on July 15, 2019, 02:49:03 PM
Isn't the module covered by the recall? When I heard of the module recall, I checked the ID on the module and mine was one that needed replacement. I didn't want to take the car in as I just installed a tune. So I ordered one from an online discount parts Ford dealer. They sent the one that was being recalled. They didn't have the replacement modules in stock yet. I sent it back and ordered from another online dealer. Same results. So I went to my local dealer and they had the correct replacement module in stock. Of course I had to pay retail. Then I received the recall notice and took it to that same local dealer and they reimbursed me the full price I paid for the module.

I have no recall notice and according to ford the recall has already been done on my car.  Car does not run at all, so towing to dealer cost 2x what it does for me to replace the part and I get my car running in 1/2 the time.  Just zero upside to having dealer involved in repairing it at this point.

Livernois Motorsports

One of our sales team members had a 2013 SHO PP with a similar situation a few years back.  He was driving to work one morning and his car shut down on him on the freeway losing all power and had to coast off to the shoulder.  Towed it into the local Ford dealer since he was already aware of the fuel pump module issues which they had sent a letter about previously.  They installed the module under warranty and took care of his issues.  So hopefully you just need that module and will be all set from there. 

He did however get the car back with a different strategy code for guys with tunes FYI.  So anyone going in for this service it's strongly suggested to return to the factory tune first, and then to check the ECU codes afterwards before trying to re-tune in case they've been changed while in the dealership.  Then if you get the car back with a new strategy code just send in a request with those new codes and we can get your tuner updated accordingly. 

glock-coma

That that module is toast. It internally shorted out. That's the burn mark you see
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

lamrith

Quote from: glock-coma on July 15, 2019, 04:13:49 PM
That that module is toast. It internally shorted out. That's the burn mark you see
Thanks Livernois!  Yeah I had the car towed home so I could dig into it and swap out tune/MAP if needed to hit a dealer.  Not sure a dealer would replace it since my car shows it was already done?  IT is so simple though I will swap on my own and hope that is the failure item.

Quote from: glock-coma on July 15, 2019, 04:13:49 PM
That is what I was thinking too, but then the pictures Z sent both of his had marks in the same location so maybe it is just a casting mark?

I really wish someone had a wiring diagram on the pinout for that connector, be nice to be able to put a resistor in there to jumper it to force the pump on at a low setting and verify it is not the pump itself.