• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Quick pics of the beast

Started by Black Dream, July 12, 2019, 06:54:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Dream

I've always been a fan of the Optimum car care products and the MKS seems to be as well.  Their complete line is engineered to work best with other Optimum products and creates amazimg bonding w/in the line.  I've used Optimum No Rinse for 15 years and it's the coolest way to wash a car ever IMHO.  My process for this job was:

Wash-ONR
Clay-Meguiars with diluted ONR for lube
Wash-ONR
Polish/prep-Optimum Opti-Coat Primer Polish (only available to licensed Optimum detailers but I have a friend that likes to share lol)  It is also a mild abrasive polish that removes minor to medium scratches/swirls (switch between pads for changes in levels of correction) and any oils/contaminants left behind from non-Optimum products.
Sealant-Optimum Gloss Coat.  It's the consumer version of their professional Opti-Coat and is reported to last 2-3 years with minimal upkeep
Final coat-Optimum Hyper Seal.  It's a quick spray ceramic coat that bonds with the Gloss Coat.

To the unititiated this looks like a crap load of work but one thing I love about Optimum is their products are super easy to use, this whole process took about 8 hours spread out over 2 days.  As many of the new ceramic coatings out there the Gloss Coat is hydrphobic meaning it repels water, not just beads it and it's really cool to watch it work. I also need to mention the UV resistance which kicks butt. Bugs, bird sh!t, pollen, sand and a million other things come right off with a bit of water and a car that sat in the driveway for 2 weeks looks close to freshly washed after a good hard rain.  Yep I geek out on stuff like this since we don't have garage space for our cars. (long story if anyone's interested).

On to the pics, just a few with the phone camera.  Had I paid a detailer for this process it would have been upwards of $500 and I spent $75.  Granted I already have the basics: buffer, pads, plenty of good micro fiber towels of different types, etc. but I also have half of the Gloss Coat left (came with 10ML) which will go on the GF's Xterra.  Enjoy!

I'm not sold on the Ecobeast badge on the rear side window yet so we will see if it stays.  I really want a small Unleashed sticker to go there but they only offer one choice that I can find and it's pretty big.  :(

Also not sure why the Flickr label won't go away on the last pic but whatever.  ;)
2010 MKS Eco, Airaid, SCT X4, Unleashed, SP542 plugs, 3 bar MAP and current daily.

2006 Pontiac GTO M6, 1 of 101 exactly like her, bone stock, lost to flood 5/19, gone but not forgotten....

ZSHO

That's some Lincoln Luster right there! :thumb: BTW fixed the pic for ya. Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Black Dream

Thanks for the fix, how'd you do it?  I did the same code delete for all the photos and it was the only one that wouldn't cooperate.  I even deleted it twice and re-uploaded it to see of that would help lol.
2010 MKS Eco, Airaid, SCT X4, Unleashed, SP542 plugs, 3 bar MAP and current daily.

2006 Pontiac GTO M6, 1 of 101 exactly like her, bone stock, lost to flood 5/19, gone but not forgotten....

jman

Quote from: Black Dream on July 12, 2019, 06:54:41 AM
I really want a small Unleashed sticker to go there but they only offer one choice that I can find and it's pretty big.  :(

I've been there, also didn't really like their stickers, too wild for my taste... so I had my own made.

2010 - Unleashed Tune - Corsa Exhaust - 275/40-R20 - H&R Springs

76fomoco

looks nice!
I'm love hate with people knowing my car is tuned. love the sleeper affect but at times people don't take it seriously at the stop lights. so this would make it a little more fun. I would be interested to see if people ask you about it.
2013 PP AJP E30 160 TS, sp542 plugs, 3 bar, PPE catted DP's, GH IC, GH turbos, XDI-35, EPP hot and intake
Best 3-29-21  11.85 with 3000 DA
DA trap best 117.96
E30 = 492 whp, 536 wtq
E30+meth 498 whp, 539 wtq

SM105K

Quote from: 76fomoco on July 12, 2019, 04:09:20 PM
looks nice!
I'm love hate with people knowing my car is tuned. love the sleeper affect but at times people don't take it seriously at the stop lights. so this would make it a little more fun. I would be interested to see if people ask you about it.

Just get a plate that challenges people...I almost get a race everytime I get in the car now.  I have a new plate frame that was delivered today, that will really get peoples attention.  When I get home I will throw it on and take a pic.   This is the plate and plate frame now.  The only thing that has beat me in the street light to street light grand prix is a Tesla P100D on ludacris mode.  It was a close for about 300 feet, and then he drove out of my life.

"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

ZSHO

Quote from: SM105K on July 12, 2019, 04:29:12 PM
looks nice!

Just get a plate that challenges people...I almost get a race everytime I get in the car now.  I have a new plate frame that was delivered today, that will really get peoples attention.  When I get home I will throw it on and take a pic.   This is the plate and plate frame now.  The only thing that has beat me in the street light to street light grand prix is a Tesla P100D on ludacris mode.  It was a close for about 300 feet, and then he drove out of my life.

Sweet! Z  :thumb:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

Quote from: Black Dream on July 12, 2019, 01:05:32 PM
Thanks for the fix, how'd you do it?  I did the same code delete for all the photos and it was the only one that wouldn't cooperate.  I even deleted it twice and re-uploaded it to see of that would help lol.
I try to use the "[img]" option instead of the URL .

It reminds me of the Photobucket debacle & PIC Restoration! LOL. Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,8630.msg129724.html#msg129724

SM105K

I think people will get the point.....FYI for 16 dollars shipped to my house...I change frames quarterly.

"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

76fomoco

I like the "stand by to get some" better!
I see this all the time at the track. can't count how many times I here " how did you get that thing going that fast". said part is not other sho's at my track.....

2013 PP AJP E30 160 TS, sp542 plugs, 3 bar, PPE catted DP's, GH IC, GH turbos, XDI-35, EPP hot and intake
Best 3-29-21  11.85 with 3000 DA
DA trap best 117.96
E30 = 492 whp, 536 wtq
E30+meth 498 whp, 539 wtq

jman

looks nice!
The 275 shoes and lower stance kind of tell that something else could be going on under the hood. I had only been challenged once in 18 months which is kind of disappointing... not sure if the sticker has to do with it.

2010 - Unleashed Tune - Corsa Exhaust - 275/40-R20 - H&R Springs