• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

XTS PLATINUM V-Sport

Started by TSS, July 02, 2019, 08:31:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TSS

As I indicated in another post, the torch has passed and I've turned the Lincoln over to my son. I picked up this vehicle for myself. 2017 Certified from the Cadillac dealer with 11,200 miles on it. One owner, elderly retired doctor, not leased.  He ordered it from the factory, drove 11,000 miles, then died.  He and his wife had this vehicle and  a new CT6 - she decided to get rid of this one after he passed because it was too sporty for her.  I am currently searching for reliable tuning options, as my son keeps reminding me that the Lincoln is faster. The Caddy has 410 hp from the factory, 3.6 all-wheel-drive twin turbo.

2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

Brucelinc

Beautiful car....Congratulations!   Car & Driver has a test of the 2018 model.   https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a16867888/2018-cadillac-xts-v-sport-test-review/

They are pretty quick in stock form but should respond nicely to a tune.

C/D TEST RESULTS:

Zero to 60 mph: 5.2 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 12.5 sec
Zero to 130 mph: 23.2 sec
Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 5.5 sec
Top gear, 30-50 mph: 2.8 sec
Top gear, 50-70 mph: 3.7 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 13.6 sec @ 105 mph

shoNoff

Love those cars very underrated if you ask me. Nice find hopefully a tune wakes that puppy up as much as an sho.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

Livernois Motorsports

Congrats on the gorgeous new Caddy!

We offer some phenomenal tunes for the Cadillac XTS V sport that have provided gains in upwards of 95 AWHP and 104 AWTQ on an otherwise stock vehicle running 93 octane fuel.  These cars are already pretty quick stock, but once you tune them similar to the Ecoboost platforms they become a completely different vehicle.  As with the majority of the vehicles we tune this would address most of the common things people dislike about the factory calibrations including enhanced throttle response, transmission modifications with reduced torque management and modified firmness which alone can really transform a vehicle.  Combined with the engine calibration improvements these cars really come to life!   Feel free to give us a shout if you'd like to discuss this further or to place an order as well and we would be happy to help out. 

Here's a link to the shop XTS here on the chassis dyno
https://youtu.be/OfUZZG8XQ-w

Baseline:
298 WHP / 326 WTQ

93 Performance Tune:
394 WHP / 430 WTQ

Performance Increase:
+96 WHP / +104 WTQ

To order call (313)-561-5500 or email us at info@livernoismotorsports.com

https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP611201

TSS

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on July 02, 2019, 09:57:05 AM

We offer some phenomenal tunes for the Cadillac XTS V sport that have provided gains in upwards of 95 AWHP and 104 AWTQ on an otherwise stock vehicle running 93 octane fuel.  These cars are already pretty quick stock, but once you tune them similar to the Ecoboost platforms they become a completely different vehicle.  As with the majority of the vehicles we tune this would address most of the common things people dislike about the factory calibrations including enhanced throttle response, transmission modifications with reduced torque management and modified firmness which alone can really transform a vehicle.  Combined with the engine calibration improvements these cars really come to life!   Feel free to give us a shout if you'd like to discuss this further or to place an order as well and we would be happy to help out. 

Baseline:
298 WHP / 326 WTQ

93 Performance Tune:
394 WHP / 430 WTQ

Performance Increase:
+96 WHP / +104 WTQ

My understanding is that some changes were made in 2017, and I believe you only have one 2017+ under your belt for tuning. You did a phenomenal job on my Lincoln, but I need a little more track record on this one I think. 
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

TSS

Quote from: Brucelinc on July 02, 2019, 09:46:47 AM
Beautiful car....Congratulations!   Car & Driver has a test of the 2018 model.   https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a16867888/2018-cadillac-xts-v-sport-test-review/

They are pretty quick in stock form but should respond nicely to a tune.

C/D TEST RESULTS:

Zero to 60 mph: 5.2 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 12.5 sec
Zero to 130 mph: 23.2 sec
Top gear, 30-50 mph: 2.8 sec
Top gear, 50-70 mph: 3.7 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 13.6 sec @ 105 mph

I've seen 0 to 60 times  listed that range from 5.0 seconds to 5.2 as well.  The thing I'm most impressed with is the handling over the Lincoln and specifically, the factory (front) BREMBOS.  Comparatively, the handling and braking is amazing....I wouldn't say amazing generally for sports oriented cars, but comparatively amazing for another apples to apples all-wheel-drive V6 twin turbo whale.

I specifically wanted a Platinum 2017. Platinum gives you some stuff you can't get on any other model. For instance, it comes standard with a pseudo suede headliner, a leather wrapped dashboard, a different kind of leather that honestly you can seriously tell the difference on compared to lesser models, and other  niceties.  There were also some very minor changes in 2017 that were kind of a big deal to me, like the configurable dash has a V-Sport theme available in 2017. You can see it in one of the photos.

So I was specifically looking for a 2017 Platinum V Sport with the light interior, exterior had to be either silver or white - with 15,000 miles or less certified/certifiable. Last time I checked, there were only three 17 Platinum V-Sports for sale in the nation, and all three were black - seems like since I started my search, I'm going to estimate that 80+% of these cars are black from 2013 to present, which is a deal breaker for me. They look good, but I value my sanity more.

Brucelinc

The performance specs are very similar to a stock Lincoln Continental:
C/D TEST RESULTS:
Zero to 60 mph: 5.0 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 12.0 sec
Zero to 140 mph: 26.7 sec
Top gear, 30-50 mph: 2.7 sec
Top gear, 50-70 mph: 3.6 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 13.5 sec @ 106 mph
Top speed (governor limited): 147 mph

Brakes and handling were not the strong points for 2010 Lincoln MKSs.   Like the SHOs, the 2013+ models were much better.   My Conti brakes and handling are vastly superior to my 2010 MKS.   I did like my MKS with the Livernois tune, though.   

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: TSS on July 02, 2019, 10:10:17 AM
Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on July 02, 2019, 09:57:05 AM

Baseline:
298 WHP / 326 WTQ

93 Performance Tune:
394 WHP / 430 WTQ

Performance Increase:
+96 WHP / +104 WTQ

My understanding is that some changes were made in 2017, and I believe you only have one 2017+ under your belt for tuning. You did a phenomenal job on my Lincoln, but I need a little more track record on this one I think. 

My apologies for any confusion I may have caused last time we talked.  I was just saying that I've only seen 1 strategy that's been tuned for them and that if your stock read didn't match that code that we would have to write new tunes specific to your strategy.  The earlier models such as 2014 for example I've seen 4 different strategies but only 1 so far for the 2017s.

TSS

Gotcha, perhaps I misunderstood.  Gonna connect with ya after the 4th. That makes me feel better.

Todd

ZSHO

Congrats on the new XTS! Best of luck to you and your son! Enjoy. Z   :thumb:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: TSS on July 02, 2019, 02:47:57 PM
Gotcha, perhaps I misunderstood.  Gonna connect with ya after the 4th. That makes me feel better.

Todd

No problem, happy to help out.  Hope you have a great 4th of July!

TSS

Well, I got my tune. Everything went smoothly, and the car has woken up appropriately.  Thank you.

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: TSS on July 15, 2019, 10:55:10 AM
Well, I got my tune. Everything went smoothly, and the car has woken up appropriately.  Thank you.

That is great news, glad to hear everything went well and that the Caddy is running strong as well!  You are very welcome happy we could help out.  Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with in the future.