• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SM105K's Ownership/Performance/Maintenance Thread

Started by SM105K, June 26, 2019, 03:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on July 09, 2019, 05:50:05 AM
The SHO is looking top notch my friend!  The overlays look better than I imagined for a copper badge!  Etsy Designs does great work!

That cooler should improve your trans temps for sure.  Looking forward to your results.  You're hoping for about 20-25 degree cooler temps?  I think that's a reasonable expectation.

Thanks dude. I dont know what to expect with the trans cooler honestly.  If I can cruise at 85 in 105 -110 heat with trans temps in the 190's I would say I am winning.  Only time and money will tell.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

802SHO

Quote from: SM105K on July 09, 2019, 09:14:57 AM
The SHO is looking top notch my friend!  The overlays look better than I imagined for a copper badge!  Etsy Designs does great work!

That cooler should improve your trans temps for sure.  Looking forward to your results.  You're hoping for about 20-25 degree cooler temps?  I think that's a reasonable expectation.

Thanks dude. I dont know what to expect with the trans cooler honestly.  If I can cruise at 85 in 105 -110 heat with trans temps in the 190's I would say I am winning.  Only time and money will tell.

True dat and it's good the cooler mods go easier on the wallet than most other upgrades we do to these beasts.  A cooler is anywhere from 50-200.  The Super fancy pants ones are upwards of 300.  Overall not too shabby
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on July 09, 2019, 08:18:33 PM
Quote from: SM105K on July 09, 2019, 09:14:57 AM

True dat and it's good the cooler mods go easier on the wallet than most other upgrades we do to these beasts.  A cooler is anywhere from 50-200.  The Super fancy pants ones are upwards of 300.  Overall not too shabby

I may or may not tackle the trans cooler project this weekend.  It will all depend on how replacing the strut bearings in the Focus goes.  Ford has a brilliant design where the bearing's top (hat) and bottom (cup) separate and then the pieces slam together, so it sounds like the front is trying to fall out.  It is safe, but is rather annoying.  So I have to pull the struts out, and take them to Pep Boys so they can compress the springs and swap the bearings out.  Then reinstall. I am not motivated since it is suppose to be 111-112 degrees here for the next 5 days....so.

I also have to go to the junkyard on Friday, and find some Taurus' and remove the lower door exterior trim pieces, so I can remove the retaining clips from them properly and install them on my paint matched ones. It is never ending.     
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

802SHO

The 3m tape didn't hold?  Usually that stuff is found being the "only" thing holding stuff on.  3m makes an adhesive primer called 3M 94 Primer.  Might want to try that as well.  I have some and if need be I will use it.  Try to remove the tape completely.  Prep with your 50/50 water/alcohol solution.  Dip a Q tip in the primer, apply a small amount to where you will stick the tape.  Allow to dry 5-10 min.  It goes on and dries clear.   Then add your fresh piece of 3m tape, apply firm pressure and then use a hair dryer or heat gun and apply more pressure.  Apply the 94 Primer to the trim piece where the tape will stick, let dry and when you go to adhere the two...do the same thing, apply pressure without heat then with heat.  Let cool.  It shouldn't fricken move! 

Forgive me if such thoughts and procedures are already in place or known just figured to walk through how I get things to stay in place. Btw that 8oz container will last your lifetime.  So about $25 dollars for a lifetime supply lol

https://www.amazon.com/3M-Tape-Primer-94-Vinyl/dp/B005LDG7HQ
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on July 11, 2019, 06:58:47 AM
The 3m tape didn't hold?  Usually that stuff is found being the "only" thing holding stuff on.  3m makes an adhesive primer called 3M 94 Primer.  Might want to try that as well.  I have some and if need be I will use it.  Try to remove the tape completely.  Prep with your 50/50 water/alcohol solution.  Dip a Q tip in the primer, apply a small amount to where you will stick the tape.  Allow to dry 5-10 min.  It goes on and dries clear.   Then add your fresh piece of 3m tape, apply firm pressure and then use a hair dryer or heat gun and apply more pressure.  Apply the 94 Primer to the trim piece where the tape will stick, let dry and when you go to adhere the two...do the same thing, apply pressure without heat then with heat.  Let cool.  It shouldn't fricken move! 

Forgive me if such thoughts and procedures are already in place or known just figured to walk through how I get things to stay in place. Btw that 8oz container will last your lifetime.  So about $25 dollars for a lifetime supply lol

https://www.amazon.com/3M-Tape-Primer-94-Vinyl/dp/B005LDG7HQ

The 3M tape works, just the bottom trim/moulding won't stay down in the corners. It is actually anchored down with clips so the wind doesn't pull them up.  I am going to buy the primer, and it I have any issues with the upper trim I will address it.  I just want the stock clips (I broke mine) just for piece of mind, because in the past the SHO has made some 150+ mph passes and I haven't had any issues.  I want to keep it that way.

802SHO

150+ mph passes that's legit.  I've burried the needle once ....over 140 on a 65mph interstate is good enough for me lol I didn't try to tach it out as I had no idea how fast it was after 140.  I just kept going a few more seconds after 140 and let off

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on July 11, 2019, 12:55:26 PM
150+ mph passes that's legit.  I've burried the needle once ....over 140 on a 65mph interstate is good enough for me lol I didn't try to tach it out as I had no idea how fast it was after 140.  I just kept going a few more seconds after 140 and let off

I had my SHO on GPS at 157 mph.  That is all she would do in the current configuration.  That was with a full tank, and my luggage.  I was in a hurry to get home from CA at 2 am in the morning.  I think with all the mods now, (including the DPs & tune revision) wheels, and quarter tank she will do 160+ mph.  Not bad for a heavy pig.  On a side note, the ST does 151 mph and actually runs out of gear in 6th.  Lol.   

802SHO

Quote from: SM105K on July 11, 2019, 01:02:26 PM

I had my SHO on GPS at 157 mph.  That is all she would do in the current configuration.  That was with a full tank, and my luggage.  I was in a hurry to get home from CA at 2 am in the morning.  I think with all the mods now, (including the DPs & tune revision) wheels, and quarter tank she will do 160+ mph.  Not bad for a heavy pig.  On a side note, the ST does 151 mph and actually runs out of gear in 6th.  Lol.   

You're ripping!  2 am in the morning here going that fast you'd probably plaster a deer and that would suck.  Gotta watch out for them over yonder lol

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on July 11, 2019, 01:17:53 PM
Quote from: SM105K on July 11, 2019, 01:02:26 PM

You're ripping!  2 am in the morning here going that fast you'd probably plaster a deer and that would suck.  Gotta watch out for them over yonder lol

On the major highway from here to Ca (there are two) it is flat, straight, and wide open for 20 to 30 miles stretches.  If there is a full moon, you can see for miles.   Biggest thing I have ever seen on the side of the road is a coyote, so high speed runs are the norm.  In AZ on those stretches the speed limit is 75, and almost everyone sets their cruise at about 90 and the Highway doesn't even blink when they see you.  You can run 80-83 mph on those stretches of CA as well. This is why I am looking to upgrade my trans cooler, because of continuous higher speed cruising.

802SHO

I would do the same thing then...see what my top speed is!  I can't wait for you to do the cooler.  I want to see an improvement there. 

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on July 11, 2019, 01:37:39 PM
I would do the same thing then...see what my top speed is!  I can't wait for you to do the cooler.  I want to see an improvement there.

You know.....when in Rome.....

SM105K

Couple of updates...

PPE DP's are on the way.  I have also contacted my fabricator about the adding the quad tips to my exhaust as well. Once I buy the new trans cooler, this will close out this round of mods. 

The car will only need four things to be complete and I will be pretty much done.  Next up, Upgraded HPFP, GH Turbos, Meth (yes I said it), and then a built short block.   

Also, Brad is taking over tuning for my Focus ST as well.  The Ford Performance Tune is good.  However after data logging their tune, and reviewing it with Brad we
are seeing things that are less then to be desired.  91 octane, high boost spikes, and extreme heat isn't the best combo.  Going to throw her on Flex Fuel (E51) and she should be a lot happier.     

802SHO

Come to the dark side young Skywalker .....endulge in METH!  You too shall suffer from the unquenchable thirst for methonal

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on July 22, 2019, 06:15:45 PM
Come to the dark side young Skywalker .....endulge in METH!  You too shall suffer from the unquenchable thirst for methonal

You are completely ridiculous. LOL.  Meth will only be used to clean the valves.

802SHO

Quote from: SM105K on July 23, 2019, 07:23:25 AM
Quote from: 802SHO on July 22, 2019, 06:15:45 PM

You are completely ridiculous. LOL.  Meth will only be used to clean the valves.

Yeah OK?  We'll see about that.