• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SM105K's Ownership/Performance/Maintenance Thread

Started by SM105K, June 26, 2019, 03:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SM105K

I have racheting wrenches boys.  Like I said, I am going to try and get everything done tonight.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

SM105K

Trim prep and paint prep took most of my time. Plus after the gym and the heat...I didn't finish lol.

I have the trunk and lights put back together. The whole front is also together. Working on the sides today.

Teaser...
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

802SHO

Looking really nice Easton!  IMHO the car should have been like that from the factory. 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on July 03, 2019, 11:04:44 AM
Looking really nice Easton!  IMHO the car should have been like that from the factory.

Thanks Andrew.  I will at least get the trim done today.  My cafe closes early, but the heat is really zapping me.  I am in alot of recovery debt right, with such a caloric deficit lol.

I agree, the chrome on these are terrible.  Once all the trim is back on, I will hit it and the all of the skirting with The Last Coat and the car should really pop.

SM105K

802SHO

Congratulations that is IMO a perfect cosmetic upgrade along with the wheels that drastically changed the entire look of your SHO.  It's very clean and very well done.  You didn't skimp either, you pulled all the trim, fender name plates, grille and had them professionally painted to color match.  Not many can say they have done that.  I also like the look of all the trim blacked out but I did vinyl before...having them painted is a step above.  The car looks like something that would show up if I didn't pay a loan shark back on time....Id imagine something like that stalking me.  Mafia type $hit haha!  Looks like no play all business! 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on July 05, 2019, 05:15:33 AM
Congratulations that is IMO a perfect cosmetic upgrade along with the wheels that drastically changed the entire look of your SHO.  It's very clean and very well done.  You didn't skimp either, you pulled all the trim, fender name plates, grille and had them professionally painted to color match.  Not many can say they have done that.  I also like the look of all the trim blacked out but I did vinyl before...having them painted is a step above.  The car looks like something that would show up if I didn't pay a loan shark back on time....Id imagine something like that stalking me.  Mafia type $hit haha!  Looks like no play all business!

Hahaha Mafia SHO.  Yeah I have over 12 hours just on the trim. Removal, prep, getting them painted, and then re-installation. They cut my hands up, frustrated me, and made but at the end, it came out just as good as I hoped. I love the rims. They really go hand in hand with the trim.

The upgraded trans mounts are amaxing.  The shifts are amazing esp the second to third shift.  The feel and sound from them is amazing. Yes the sound. I found myself, just driving without the radio on yesterday.

The car really makes me happy now, and in the limited time I driven it, people really stare now.  If I didn't have limo tinted windows I would be uncomfortable.

I do want the billet grill set ups too, so maybe down the road.  However I am really happy.

Only thing truly majorly left is turbos and fuel pump...

shoNoff

Car looks awesome buddy. Love what you did with the trim and wheels. All the hard work was totally worth it.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

SM105K

Quote from: shoNoff on July 05, 2019, 10:15:01 AM
Car looks awesome buddy. Love what you did with the trim and wheels. All the hard work was totally worth it.

Thank you sir! On to the next mod. Lol. The poor Focus gets some love today.

802SHO

Yeah I love window tint just for that.  It nice to be noticed but its not nice to feel like your being studied and analyzed as well...unless

SM105K

The Focus got washed and vacuumed today. Along with a fresh oil swap and and new trans mission fluid. That dual clutch fluid BS was $31.50  per quart. I only need two, but come on. On a side note the trans shifts a lot smoother now.

SM105K

So the SHO has a crack in the garbage windshield that Safelite put in the car.  I am going to request that they replace the windshield with OEM Carlite Soundscreen this time.  This also means that I have to get the damn banner re-done.  Not a big deal, just a time waster.  However, rather annoying.

The car is getting copper metallic overlays for the ford ovals when they arrive I will install them. 

I am also going to pull the front clip off the car this weekend.  My trans temps (even with the PP cooler) are warmer than I want.  Cruising at 80-85 mph here in the heat of Phoenix I am seeing 207 degrees.  Ford says 100 degrees over ambient is acceptable...but not for me.  I am going install a larger cooler, and make it fit in the stock location.  Cooler is below.  My local speed shop has the same one for 5 bucks less. So why not?

https://www.jegs.com/i/RPC/707/R5054X/10002/-1

SM105K

Update on the Upgraded mounts. They are DAMN good. If you have stock DP's, it literally took me 20 mins from start to finish to install these. Yes the car vibrates more (it has gotten better with the mileage) but the 1-2, and particularly the 2 - 3 shift is amazing. If you don't mind the mild vibration, and want the performance, these are probably the 2nd best mod besides a tune IMHO.

SM105K

Got the custom overlays in. Installed them, and they are perfect. Just the burn copper color I wanted.

Now I have to snag some black lug nuts, and when my new license plate frame comes in hopes that it somewhat matches the overlays.

802SHO

The SHO is looking top notch my friend!  The overlays look better than I imagined for a copper badge!  Etsy Designs does great work!

That cooler should improve your trans temps for sure.  Looking forward to your results.  You're hoping for about 20-25 degree cooler temps?  I think that's a reasonable expectation.