• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SM105K's Ownership/Performance/Maintenance Thread

Started by SM105K, June 26, 2019, 03:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on August 26, 2019, 07:06:01 PM
Quote from: SM105K on August 23, 2019, 12:42:47 PM
Quote from: 802SHO on August 22, 2019, 08:51:02 PM
That surprised me yet doesn't surprise me.  I mean its like the lifetime fluid BS....they have to know it's really not a lifetime fluid ....like they must know their tune is a little reckless.....to keep you coming back in for service.

LOL.....as we discussed.  Should be interesting with all the new revisions that are getting loaded in tonight on both cars.

Have you got the suspension squared away on the ST?

Blahahahah NO!  Still chatters/clunks.  I am just replacing parts at this rate. I think I have it isolated to the sway bar end links.  I ordered two new ones and all the hardware from Tasca.  Hopefully that will fix that crap.  Hopefully.  That is literally the only gripe I have with that car. Once that noise is gone, I will be so much happier.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

802SHO

I too can't stand odd little noises that are more of an annoyance than a safety issue.  I hope you get that taken care of so you're back to enjoying every second of her.
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

shoNoff

I had this death rattle in the passenger seat of my Sho. It used to drive me insane. I took the seat out 5 times looking for it. Never found it. I near got to the point of just ordering a friggin seat. I can't stand rattles hopefully you find it buddy.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

SM105K

Finally figured out the damn clunk in the ST.  I needed a new motor mount.  Wow what a difference.  No more sound and less NVH lol.  I am slowly gaining my sanity back lol.  She got an oil change as well.

SHO got a fresh oil change as well.  The Castrol Edge was quite cleaner/clearer than the Mobil One was at 3K miles from what I observed.

She also got a 7 quart out and 7 quart in transmission flush.  It overachieved and I had to actually stop it because it showed zero signs of stopping at 7 quarts.   This is my first flush since the fluid only had 5k miles on it since the new trans.  I was surprised she gave me so much fluid.  Buttoned her up and rechecked everything and she seems to be happy.   

Also my black heat wrap around my PPE DP's is turning white due to the heat they are generating. I found that interesting as well.

I am in the process of purchasing a Magnaflow Resonator so I can delete the rear cat and stock resonator as well.  I will have a exhaust shop fab up a direct bolt in swap.  I will keep all of my stock stuff just in case I need it.   Below is the link to the other site that has pictures. 

https://shoforum.com/index.php?threads/sm105ks-ownership-performance-maintenance-thread.138235/page-18#post-1519104
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

ZSHO

Quote from: SM105K on August 03, 2019, 08:38:36 PM
Got the PPE catted DP's in and they already make a difference for my set up. I heat wrapped them as well.

Fixed a few PICS for ya. Z  :)  BTW feel free to send me a link of any PICS that need fixing! I need the work out!  :D

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

802SHO

Quote from: SM105K on October 07, 2019, 11:58:48 AM
Finally figured out the damn clunk in the ST.  I needed a new motor mount.  Wow what a difference.  No more sound and less NVH lol.  I am slowly gaining my sanity back lol.  She got an oil change as well.

SHO got a fresh oil change as well.  The Castrol Edge was quite cleaner/clearer than the Mobil One was at 3K miles from what I observed.

She also got a 7 quart out and 7 quart in transmission flush.  It overachieved and I had to actually stop it because it showed zero signs of stopping at 7 quarts.   This is my first flush since the fluid only had 5k miles on it since the new trans.  I was surprised she gave me so much fluid.  Buttoned her up and rechecked everything and she seems to be happy.   

Also my black heat wrap around my PPE DP's is turning white due to the heat they are generating. I found that interesting as well.

I am in the process of purchasing a Magnaflow Resonator so I can delete the rear cat and stock resonator as well.  I will have a exhaust shop fab up a direct bolt in swap.  I will keep all of my stock stuff just in case I need it.   Below is the link to the other site that has pictures. 

https://shoforum.com/index.php?threads/sm105ks-ownership-performance-maintenance-thread.138235/page-18#post-1519104

Nice work my friend and finally no more clunk!!  Winter maintenance is anything below 80?  Haha I'm jealous in winter but glad i don't have your summer heat...geezuz.  7 quarts and you had to stop it?  That new trans is flowing well ...better than normal!  Now that you are the caretaker of the new trans with all your maintenance you shouldn't have much to worry about....defintely nothing fluid related that's for sure!
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

ZSHO

Those DP'S look Oh So familiar! Lol. Z :D 

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SM105K

Quote from: ZSHO on November 06, 2019, 04:47:44 PM

I laughed when I realized their journey.  They were built here, sent cross country, just to be sent back here.  LOL.

ZSHO

Quote from: SM105K on November 07, 2019, 07:33:15 AM

I laughed when I realized their journey.  They were built here, sent cross country, just to be sent back here.  LOL.
True indeed! Welcome Home! Z  :)

SM105K

Quote from: ZSHO on November 07, 2019, 08:51:27 AM
Quote from: SM105K on November 07, 2019, 07:33:15 AM

True indeed! Welcome Home! Z  :)

I love them, worth every penny.

SM105K

Couple of things.

I took the ST to CA this weekend.  I have the AJPTurbo Flex Fuel Tune and well......  This is the first time I have actually got to put E85 in it.  Holy crap what a difference.  Ford really did it right with the ST and its ability for the tuners to be able to do things like this.  However they really dropped the ball on the SHO. 

Couple of takeaways.

When I run 87 octane it gets the best mileage by far.  I use 87 on the long drives.  I cruise at 91 mph in AZ, and 81 mph in Ca.  Car gets roughly 25 mpg at that speed and really never see much boost unless I am passing.  Even when I the car sees boost there is no knock.  I have seen as high at 29 mpg at the proper speed limit.  I don't want nor do I have the time to drive the proper speed limit, and either does anyone around me either.

I run 91 octane during the non summer months with a lot of freeway driving 70/30 split with in town driving.  The ST is my daily.  I am averaging just at 24 mpg with my peppy driving.  The best I have netted is 27 mpg with non boost boring driving.  Since the air is colder now I lean towards 91 because it makes great power and for my driving on the freeway it gets the mileage for my boost happy right foot.

I run E54 during the summer.  I don't want to change my driving fun because of knock so she gets the corn during the summer heat.   The mileage suffers, but the performance and my happiness remains.  Best I can scrape with my normal peppy driving is 20 mpg.  Mileage really suffers if I use my right foot heavy.  I have seen it as slow as 18.5 mpg.

I ran a tank of E85 in Ca this past weekend. In CA E85 is readily available, in AZ only E54 is.  Holy crap what a difference.  The car was pretty stupid.  Way noticeable power and a riot to drive.  However, on long stretches of sustained 82 mph, she could only muster 19 mpg.  However...the smiles per gallon were worth it.  E85 was $2.89 a gallon, and 87 was $3.89.  I probably broke even in price point per mpg but to see what the car can do on all fuels is pretty damn cool.  Also I had ZERO cold start issues on E85 in low 30 degree weather as well.  So that is always a plus!

Hats off Brad...once again you killed it.

For the SHO:

The splitter arrived and I will be working with Andrew (802SHO) on a couple of things with it.  Should be fun.  Looking to do a couple of things to the SHO in the upcoming weeks. 

Splitter install on the stock chin spoiler coupled with a paint polish and another ceramic coating.   

802SHO

Quote from: SM105K on November 18, 2019, 08:53:11 AM
Couple of things.

I took the ST to CA this weekend.  I have the AJPTurbo Flex Fuel Tune and well......  This is the first time I have actually got to put E85 in it.  Holy crap what a difference.  Ford really did it right with the ST and its ability for the tuners to be able to do things like this.  However they really dropped the ball on the SHO. 

Couple of takeaways.

When I run 87 octane it gets the best mileage by far.  I use 87 on the long drives.  I cruise at 91 mph in AZ, and 81 mph in Ca.  Car gets roughly 25 mpg at that speed and really never see much boost unless I am passing.  Even when I the car sees boost there is no knock.  I have seen as high at 29 mpg at the proper speed limit.  I don't want nor do I have the time to drive the proper speed limit, and either does anyone around me either.

I run 91 octane during the non summer months with a lot of freeway driving 70/30 split with in town driving.  The ST is my daily.  I am averaging just at 24 mpg with my peppy driving.  The best I have netted is 27 mpg with non boost boring driving.  Since the air is colder now I lean towards 91 because it makes great power and for my driving on the freeway it gets the mileage for my boost happy right foot.

I run E54 during the summer.  I don't want to change my driving fun because of knock so she gets the corn during the summer heat.   The mileage suffers, but the performance and my happiness remains.  Best I can scrape with my normal peppy driving is 20 mpg.  Mileage really suffers if I use my right foot heavy.  I have seen it as slow as 18.5 mpg.

I ran a tank of E85 in Ca this past weekend. In CA E85 is readily available, in AZ only E54 is.  Holy crap what a difference.  The car was pretty stupid.  Way noticeable power and a riot to drive.  However, on long stretches of sustained 82 mph, she could only muster 19 mpg.  However...the smiles per gallon were worth it.  E85 was $2.89 a gallon, and 87 was $3.89.  I probably broke even in price point per mpg but to see what the car can do on all fuels is pretty damn cool.  Also I had ZERO cold start issues on E85 in low 30 degree weather as well.  So that is always a plus!

Hats off Brad...once again you killed it.

For the SHO:

The splitter arrived and I will be working with Andrew (802SHO) on a couple of things with it.  Should be fun.  Looking to do a couple of things to the SHO in the upcoming weeks. 

Splitter install on the stock chin spoiler coupled with a paint polish and another ceramic coating.   

Man I bet that E85 power left a nice impression on the butt dyno!  Everyone that can safely run E85 ... Usually does.  Would if I could.  But maybe with upgraded fuel pumps I can do a tune revision with Brad for E60.  I can buy a barrel of E100 and mix it half and half with 93 E10.  Make a nice race tune with it.

SM105K

That is exactly what I am thinking as well, but just with pump E54.  YES! More money to spend!

802SHO

Quote from: SM105K on November 18, 2019, 01:36:26 PM
That is exactly what I am thinking as well, but just with pump E54.  YES! More money to spend!

This was your idea...just like the No2.  Going to have to start charging me for your advise.  Especially if you don't do it but I do.

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on November 19, 2019, 12:40:21 PM
Quote from: SM105K on November 18, 2019, 01:36:26 PM

This was your idea...just like the No2.  Going to have to start charging me for your advise.  Especially if you don't do it but I do.

Oh yeah huh......

We are square brother.