• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SM105K's Ownership/Performance/Maintenance Thread

Started by SM105K, June 26, 2019, 03:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SM105K

"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

SM105K

Also for some technical data.

Stock Rims and Tires: 60 lbs
Curva's with Tires: 54 lbs

I went with Curva Concepts C7's in 20 inch, 8.5 inch wide with a 38 mm offset. They sit pretty damn flush and I like them.

My tires are pretty much new Conti's 245's. The car cut a 1.77 on them at the track.

I don't drive the car much so, I just couldn't justify spending another $1200 for a new pair of 275's and the wider rim set up. The good thing is, I can fit a 255 on these rims easy, possibly even a 265. So either way I win.

I am going to install the upgraded trans mounts, DP's, and tips and head back to the dyno.

Hopefully she cracks 400 awhp. If she doesn't, I will give up on that endeavor until the upgraded HPFP and GH turbos go on.

I will then head to the track, and see whats happens. I have had some spin and shudder/wheel hop in the past. I will see that the new rims and mounts do.

If it still spins, I might just throw a pair of drag radials on a set of flowers for the fronts and see what happens. If works it better, I will buy another pair of Curva's and mount the drag radials on them. The car will pretty much live on drag radials for the street for the future. Then when I go on a road trip, just take the drag radials off and throw back on the Conti's
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

802SHO

6 lbs lighter each corner and with the 20x8.5 instead of the 20x8 you should get better traction so it will be nice to see how much improvement can come from lighter, wider wheels/tires and downpipes.  The Quad Tips will certainly enhance your tone as well as appearance.  Also interesting will be your 60ft time with the above improvements coupled with the upgraded torque mounts. 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on July 01, 2019, 12:46:54 PM
6 lbs lighter each corner and with the 20x8.5 instead of the 20x8 you should get better traction so it will be nice to see how much improvement can come from lighter, wider wheels/tires and downpipes.  The Quad Tips will certainly enhance your tone as well as appearance.  Also interesting will be your 60ft time with the above improvements coupled with the upgraded torque mounts.

I agree, it certainly will be interesting.  I know what the car cuts 0 to 60 on my Livewire on street tires.  4.43 with a little spin, on 40 psi on the street.  When I get the trim back on, I will take her out as she sits and do another 0 to 60 with the new wheels and tires at 40 psi.  Then I will go directly home, and the next day air the fronts down to 26 psi, and do the same 0 to 60.  I am not worried about the rear spinning at all.  We can see what just air pressure does.  I won't drive it around because I will want to keep the fuel level as close as possible.   

Then when all the go faster parts come in, I will install them, have Brad update the tune and repeat the process above.  0 to 60 at 40 psi, next day 0 to 60 at 26 psi at the same fuel level as the first trials.

I will also conduct these all the Phoenix Summer heat so the tests will be as close to possible with tire pressures, temps, and fuel level.     

802SHO

Solid plan and having such will give you very precise findings for comparison.  Sometimes I think many of us tend to do comparisons that aren't as detail oriented and so what is the quality of our results to compare?  I think your plan is well thought out. 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

SM105K

Maybe I overthink things?  Nah...information is king.

shoNoff

I can tell you this I dropped close to 17lbs per corner off my set up. I also installed mounts. My 0-60 times on 93 datalogging on the street are almost the exact same as my race gas tune at the track. I get zero wheel hop and almost no spin now. I also went from having a 265 tire down to a 245.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

SM105K

Quote from: shoNoff on July 02, 2019, 09:58:07 AM
I can tell you this I dropped close to 17lbs per corner off my set up. I also installed mounts. My 0-60 times on 93 datalogging on the street are almost the exact same as my race gas tune at the track. I get zero wheel hop and almost no spin now. I also went from having a 265 tire down to a 245.

That is very promising.  Those mounts are coming into today.  I need to do some testing before I throw them in. 

New Rims as it sits::

0 to 60 at 40 psi in the all tires. Record findings.

Then drop the fronts to 26 and redo the 0 to 60 pull. Record findings.

Add the mounts:

Repeat both tests.

Add DP's and New Tune:

Repeat both tests..

Add should give me some damn good data.

802SHO

SM105K

Trim is ready for pick up, looks like I will put her fully back together tonight if everything goes well.  I might even have time to get all of those tests in, since the mounts have been said to be easy to get in. 

802SHO

Looking good buddy!  That simppe visual mod is going to drastically change the appearance!  And the mounts are easy but the rear one almost seemed not doable...until I had to think more...then it was ok. 

shoNoff

Mounts legit took me 15 mins with a ratcheting 15mm wrench. But I don't have stock downpipes either. I hear they can be a b*tch with those in still. Wait until you launch the car. My god the 1/2 shift under acceleration is 100 times better. I used to think my dashboard was going to fall out on a 1/2 shift at the track. Now it feels like a 3/4 shift.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

SM105K

Quote from: shoNoff on July 02, 2019, 12:51:02 PM
Mounts legit took me 15 mins with a ratcheting 15mm wrench. But I don't have stock downpipes either. I hear they can be a b*tch with those in still. Wait until you launch the car. My god the 1/2 shift under acceleration is 100 times better. I used to think my dashboard was going to fall out on a 1/2 shift at the track. Now it feels like a 3/4 shift.

Yeah I am really excited about the mounts.  Everyone that has them, loves them so yeah.   I am going to try and knock all off this out tonight.  I will have some work on the spoiler, stiil have too fully paint correct that as well.  It shouldnt take me too long though. 

802SHO

Quote from: shoNoff on July 02, 2019, 12:51:02 PM

It took me 15 min to resign myself to going little by little with just a regular 🔧.....not everyone has fancy tools Tim...wait..a ratcheting wrench is pretty standard...guess my tool chest sucks