• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

new englishman in america

Started by bj928, June 24, 2019, 12:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bj928

Hi Guys, work in america, but project is in the uk, looking at doing a 3.5 gen2 HO swap into my van in the uk, going to use an American transit axle as well as you guys get LSD and the 9.75 axle, we don't, once swapped it will get a tune, hoping to get close to 600hp with the right bits, thinking i will keep it 10 speed, but at the back of my mind i want to make it manual, maybe mt82 if it can take the power, or go t56/tr6060, the mt82 is the better option, as its fitted to some vans like mine in the uk, so mounts and clutch should work fine, will be buying a salvage vehicle as the donor, prefer the new lincoln navigator because its got the same digital cluster hardware as the PP mustangs, so would try and fit that as well

SM105K

This sounds like fun. I look foward to your build.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

802SHO

Go for it man!  I love the creativity and passion to turn visions into reality no matter what anyone says or thinks.  When you're driven....nothing can stop you, you can only get slowed down.
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

SHOdded

Welcome to the community!  Wish you great success with the project, and look forward to the progress/results!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Black Dream

What a crazy build project but I love it. Keep us posted on how it's going as you progress, I'm really looking forward to following this.
2010 MKS Eco, Airaid, SCT X4, Unleashed, SP542 plugs, 3 bar MAP and current daily.

2006 Pontiac GTO M6, 1 of 101 exactly like her, bone stock, lost to flood 5/19, gone but not forgotten....

PDSHO

2013 Taurus Police Interceptor. AWD, Eco-Boost. SOLD
2015 Lincoln Navigator L, 4x4, Eco-Boost.
2016 Taurus Police Interceptor, Eco-Boost
2014 Lincoln MKS Eco-Boost

bj928

i'll be harvesting in Nebraska soon for a week or 2, just north of Sidney

Mossdahaus

Welcome and looking forward to following your build!
2015 Taurus SHO - Performance Pkg & Nav

SW catted DPs, Ford Racing exhaust, MSD Coils, SP542 Plugs, 170 tstat, 3bar MAP sensor, XDI-35 HPFP, modified Airaid intake, GH Intercooler, 18+ trans mount, JLT catch can & AJPTurbo E30 tune

bj928

been doing more research, and it seems although nobody is admitting it, that the ford expedition engine is a de-tuned raptor/navigator engine, on fords own web site they list all the 2019 expeditions as 10:1 compression (f150 3.5 ecoboost is 10.5:1, only premium models have the higher hp and 10:1), and 400hp, the 2018 had only the platinum as the 400hp, now these 400hp engines are running single exhaust and listed to run on 87 fuel, i'm sure if they are tuned for 87 and single exhaust this could easily loose the 50hp of the slightly more premium models that run on premium grade fuel, the expedition also seems to come in 2wd more than 4/2wd, making a lot better for my swap,