• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2014 Explorer Sport build - the boss' car.

Started by CooperS7777, August 04, 2013, 02:51:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CooperS7777

Well, I already did my introductions here a few weeks back, but I figured Id post up some pics of the boss' new car.  It showed up on the 26th (her birthday!) and I was able to surprise her with it.

Its a 14' Ex Sport, 402a package, dual roofs, tow package, rear captains chairs, sienna/black interior. The original plan was for a 13', however we were late on our order, and then we couldn't find exactly what she wanted so we decided to hold out for a 14.

So far its stock (minus 20% tint on the fronts)...only because parts haven't shown up yet  ;D  H&R's have been ordered, were talking with Vossen to see if we can get some 5 spokes done up for it, and it will be tuned soon; either by LMS or Lund.  I cant go too wild as it is "hers" and its also a daily driver...so it wont be the fastest SUV in our fleet...but it should be fun none the less!

Ill be sure to update as we go.

-Coop
2014 Sport
2010 Evo GSR
2006 TBSS "The Van" - Blown 416 LS3
A slew of other boring toys

bpd1151

I'm fond of the color choice myself. :ok:

Very nice :bow:

Thanks for posting. :thankyou:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

dalum

Can you take some pics of the interior please?  I'd also like to see the rear seats you talked about. Do they have anchor points for kid seats?  Thanks!
2013 Non-PP SHO

CooperS7777

Dalum,

Here are the photos of the interior I have with me.  I'm actually out of the country right now on business so it will be a bit before I can get any better shots.

I cant honestly say I remember seeing anchor points for a child seat.  I think my only complaint about them is that there are no arm rests.  I'm sure the rear console was designed to function as an armrest just like the forward console, however we chose to go without for the walk through/room for the dog/room for a cooler.

-Coop
2014 Sport
2010 Evo GSR

Ryan327

Nice to see more sports starting to show up on here!  Looking good, though I prefer the Ruby Red ;)
2013 Ford Explorer Sport - Lund Racing 93 Tune
2010 Audi A4 - APR Stage 1 Tune
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix - Too much to list but still slow!

CooperS7777

Well, I figured Id update this quick.  Ill get a few shots of the aesthetic changes later on this week, but I did put it on the rollers this morning just to see what she'd make.  Car was filled with 87 octane (only because I wanted to get a true baseline as to how Ford suggests its capable of operating) and the temps were mid 60's.  3 pulls, all back to back and very similar.

~280whp ~290 wtq pretty consitently, best of 288whp and 299wtq.  There were a few guys there with a 350z on the rollers next to me, and they chuckled a bit when the Sport came onto the rollers...then it turned to a WTF when it put down better numbers than the Z :)

Shell be getting tuned in a few weeks.  Alex of Granite State Dyno - who also tunes my SS will be tuning it with SCT.  Well do a few pulls on 93 octane with the stock tune just for comparison, then some pulls after he's done tuning.  Hopefully shortly thereafter well have the down pipes and exhaust from Livernois.
2014 Sport
2010 Evo GSR

DJE624

Funny about the Z.  I'll be interested to see how she does with the mods!  BTW, I like the interior. 

Josephm

I cant wait for the base line 93 tune; Interested to see how the ECU remaps everything
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

mjhpadi

Good looking Explorer, I am really surprised that there are no arm rests on the second row seats.  Thanks for the photos!
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

arttyszka

Quote from: CooperS7777 on September 17, 2013, 09:57:18 PM

Shell be getting tuned in a few weeks.  Alex of Granite State Dyno - who also tunes my SS will be tuning it with SCT. 

Does SCT now support the Explorer Sport?  As of late I've been told they still don't and your only options are LMS or Lund, I'm not sure who makes the hardware/software they use.
2014 Explorer Sport
Lund Tuned | 170 t-stat | K&N Panel | H&R Springs | Coolbulbs.com HID's

QwikSHO

Quote from: mjhpadi on September 17, 2013, 11:56:15 PM
Good looking Explorer, I am really surprised that there are no arm rests on the second row seats.  Thanks for the photos!

That is a huge PITA I've experienced with my Sport.  I love the split seats, but it is sorta uncomfortable on long trips to not have a place to rest your arm.   They have a center console option now for the 2014 Sports, but that would just take out the functionality of having the split seats (easy access to the 3rd row). 

CooperS7777

Quote from: arttyszka on September 18, 2013, 11:19:10 AM
Quote from: CooperS7777 on September 17, 2013, 09:57:18 PM

Shell be getting tuned in a few weeks.  Alex of Granite State Dyno - who also tunes my SS will be tuning it with SCT. 

Does SCT now support the Explorer Sport?  As of late I've been told they still don't and your only options are LMS or Lund, I'm not sure who makes the hardware/software they use.

Sorry, I mispoke there.  Alex was under the impression that he now had support from SCT for the Sports - but I was wrong.  Problem solved though - overnight tuner from Lund.

Hopefully Ill have her tuned up for the weekend :)

There is, however, good news on the SCT front.  I spoke with them directly today and was informed that while tuning for the Sport was not "right around the corner" they do have a couple of employees who own Sports now and are heading down the path of sorting out support for them.
2014 Sport
2010 Evo GSR

CooperS7777

Also, these showed up today:

Unfortunately I head out of the country early next week for work so these wont be going on until the middle of next month.
2014 Sport
2010 Evo GSR

akmedic77

I've been trying to talk the Household 6 into a Sport. She is stuck on her '08 Merc Mariner...it's almost paid for, so I was coming around to her way of thinking. Then I bought my F150...I almost didn't get it back! Now I drive it to work and park it every time I leave.

Yours is coming along great! Like the color choice!
2013 Oxford White F150 FX4 Crew, 5.5 Short Box, 3.55, Leer Cap, 35% Tint, 20% Brow, Black Pinstripe, LED Back-up and License Plate Lights, Mud Flaps, Cold Weather Front (Behind Grill), EcoBoost & FX4 Decal Removal, Best Observed 23 MPG