• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

How to remove front grille???

Started by FracaSHO, July 28, 2013, 02:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FracaSHO

In want to plastidip the front grille on my 10' SHO. What's the best way to get it off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

Larrylu

Quote from: FracaSHO on July 28, 2013, 02:54:41 PM
In want to plastidip the front grille on my 10' SHO. What's the best way to get it off?

I have never used plastidip but from what I've read it's easier to use than paint and so very easy to remove if you don't like what you have done. Because of that I don't think you should remove the grill.. Just mask, shoot, and enjoy. I blacked out my '10 grill but used a more permanent satin finish black "Dupli Color". I did not remove my grill. I masked and shot it in place and I think it came out great. Good luck!
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

bpd1151

It would be necessary to remove the entire front bumper clip in order to remove the grilles.

Here, try follow this to help you out.....

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=521.0

Best of luck! :thumb:

Bigfoot

yea you dont need to remove it at all.

2011 SHO
2013 5.0

bpd1151

What happens to all of overspray out of curiosity?

Certainly you can't really reach behind there, and peel it off.

DJE624

That's what I wondered.  Can you take the shroud piece off the top of the radiator and shove towels or something behind the grill?

Larrylu

Quote from: DJE624 on July 28, 2013, 03:55:57 PM
That's what I wondered.  Can you take the shroud piece off the top of the radiator and shove towels or something behind the grill?

What I did was to remove the top plate. That opens up the area in front of the radiator. I slid some shaped cardboard panels to protect the radiator. Easy peasy.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

Bigfoot

Quote from: bpd1151 on July 28, 2013, 03:34:56 PM
What happens to all of overspray out of curiosity?

Certainly you can't really reach behind there, and peel it off.

i slid pieces of cardboard behind the grille.

2011 SHO
2013 5.0

FracaSHO

For some reason I thought the grille had to be removed but upon closer inspection, you guys are right. It will look just as good without the hassle of taking the whole front end apart.

But I do need to replace the front Ford emblem due to some chipping.  Can I remove it without removing the grill?

Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

Bigfoot

Quote from: FracaSHO on July 28, 2013, 08:04:48 PM
For some reason I thought the grille had to be removed but upon closer inspection, you guys are right. It will look just as good without the hassle of taking the whole front end apart.

But I do need to replace the front Ford emblem due to some chipping.  Can I remove it without removing the grill?

yes.  if you remove the radiator shroud and then you can see the back of the grille.  then you can see how the emblem is mounted onto the grille. 

good luck!

2011 SHO
2013 5.0