• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Had my cutout redone, super sexy metal work inside....

Started by EcoPowerParts, July 23, 2013, 12:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

This is a Sound and Performance boost activated cutout seen here:
http://www.spracingonline.com/store/SP_Exhaust_Cutout_3%5C___Boost_Activated_/3673

When over 6psi the cutout opens up - here's my video on it working on my stock downpipes with a bad H pipe install and on 91 octane tune at around 12psi. I haven't had a chance to test it yet with the new 23 psi tune. Previously this cutout picked up .2 and 2 MPH for me in the 1/4 mile in back to back testing. I like this versus a loud exhaust so I can have a quiet exhaust 99% of the time and loud when I want it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT_zwVaXHwg

I had the work redone, it goes between the midpipe and the stock resonator, it replaces the 3rd cat. I had a vacuum solenoid installed so that when I don't want it to open the solenoid interrupts the vacuum/boost line to the cutout and stops it from opening.

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

DJE624

Larrylu

2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

SoCalSHO

Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

Milhouse86

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Sexy for sure...... both visually, and audibly.  :hump:

Excuse me while I fap to it.  :smoke:

Bwahahahaha totally gross, but hey, wth.  :smiley-faces-75:

BigPelo

I had a Varex muffler on my STi which is a cut out but inside the muffler. I was really enjoying it. That might be the next best thing for my SHO...
Week-end family transporter: 2013 SHO tuxedo black, performance package, unleashed custom 94 octane tune, K&N Typhoon intake, 170F thermostat, 3 bar MAP sensor, SP534 spark plugs, 5000K HID Morimoto mini D2S projectors retrofit, tinted windows, Full LED lighting in and out, Eibach springs
Daily beater: 2002 WRX wagon swap JDM STi v7 20G'd

geswek

Why boost controlled?

It seems to me like you'd be better off just having actuator to fully open or close it when needed.

DJE624

I don't think you would need it unless you are boosting.  Otherwise it's quieter.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: geswek on July 23, 2013, 03:25:46 PM
Why boost controlled?

It seems to me like you'd be better off just having actuator to fully open or close it when needed.
Because under boost you want more power, I've set it up so that only when I need the power I have the power and I don't have to hold a button to open an electric cutout while I'm trying race. If you watch the video it shows all that fun happening. :)
Sound Performance Boost Activated Exhaust Cutout Results!!!
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

geswek

48whp just from an exhaust cut out?

I'm sorry, but I call straight bull cow pie on that one.

You should dyno before and after. I want to see this LOL.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: geswek on July 23, 2013, 03:44:14 PM
48whp just from an exhaust cut out?

I'm sorry, but I call straight bull cow pie on that one.

You should dyno before and after. I want to see this LOL.
I've done back to back testing at the track with my 91 octane tune on stock turbos, .2 and 2mph difference that's 20HP on nearly stock HP, the more boost, the more power you'll pick up. On my old Impala SS with electric cutouts I picked up 40HP open vs closed on my 175 shot of nitrous. I have extensive background with cutouts, and the power they pick up, it's no joke and you get to keep a mostly quiet car 99% of the time. But hey, what do I know, right? :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -

crash712us

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

adelsin

2013 Green Gem SHO PP, all available options.