• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Re-Creating the MR300 Kit for the Fusion

Started by AnotherGreenFusion, July 03, 2016, 09:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnotherGreenFusion

When I first started digging into what I should do for a first round of mods I came across the Monotune MR300 without Exhaust kit which appealed to me as it promised to max out my stock turbo with some basic bolt-ons and a tune.

Problem for me was pretty much all of the components around the engine for the focus do not fit the fusion, so I went ahead and replicated the kit with fusion equivalents. After driving around for the last 2 weeks with the kit complete I can say this combo of mods is impressive for the little 2.0!

This is a great option to get ready for a big turbo, there is more lag, but it is not bad the car drives like a more powerful version of stock.

Details on the Monotune MR300 kit cross-reference

Good news, the fusion equivalent of this kit is nearly the same price as the original monotune kit, it could be had even cheaper too!
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
CP-E Cold Side, Hot Side, αIntake, QKspl DP & RMM | Boomba Can | Cordova TB | Synapse Gen III BOV | Levels FMIC | 160* T-Stat | Steeda STB, Sway | Flatout 5700 | SCT by Unleashed/LMS 93v11

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

SHOdded

Very nice work, MightBeASynth!  Big improvement over stock looks as well!  How much of a lag do you estimate with the big turbo if you go that route?

Always wanted to get the XS Power AGM battery.  What do you think of it?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AnotherGreenFusion

Thanks! I would say maybe 2x slower than stock lag give or take, the DP really helps compensate for it. Most of the power is still down low and the little 2.0 can really push me back in the seat.

The AGM battery works really well and have not had any problems with it, seems to charge more quickly than the lead acids. The winter will be the real test.
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
CP-E Cold Side, Hot Side, αIntake, QKspl DP & RMM | Boomba Can | Cordova TB | Synapse Gen III BOV | Levels FMIC | 160* T-Stat | Steeda STB, Sway | Flatout 5700 | SCT by Unleashed/LMS 93v11

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost