• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2016 Taurus for China released

Started by SwampRat, April 20, 2015, 07:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampRat

2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

IHeartGroceries

I guess I wish it looked a little more unique, and a little less like its Fusion little brother.

Not that it looks bad. Looks classy. A little vanilla though.
2013 SHO PP

14SHOCAR

Ugh... no GT500 Front grill.... lame.

I guess I'll be waiting for another SHO :/

18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

CL Donttry

I'm glad they didn't make a radical change I like the look of the taurus. I think that's what German cars do better not radically changing every 5 years. My 2010 5 series still looks good not dated. My 2 cents.
Dbad1
2012 Taurus SHO modified, K&N CAI,3bar,LMS thermostat, NGK gapped plugs, Unleased DP, LMS Thunderstorm Cat back,LMS 4 plus tune, EBC slotted cross drilled rotors, MGP caliper covers, SHO hood graphics, Chrome grill inserts, Continential Purecontact tires
2010 BMW 528 Xdrive
2015 GMC Sierra SLE

SwampRat

2021 Edge ST

crash712us

"Only one engine has been announced so far, a twin-turbocharged 2.7-liter V-6." Taken directly from the article.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

SwampRat

Quote from: crash712us on April 21, 2015, 06:42:18 AM
"Only one engine has been announced so far, a twin-turbocharged 2.7-liter V-6." Taken directly from the article.

below quote is from the car and driver link

The car is powered by Ford's 2.7-liter EcoBoost V-6, an engine we know from its application in the F-150 pickup, where it makes 325 horsepower and 375 lb-ft. That engine would be a likely candidate to replace today's naturally aspirated, 288-hp 3.5-liter V-6 in the Taurus.

2021 Edge ST

IHeartGroceries

Quote from: CL Donttry on April 20, 2015, 04:25:24 PM
I'm glad they didn't make a radical change I like the look of the taurus. I think that's what German cars do better not radically changing every 5 years. My 2010 5 series still looks good not dated. My 2 cents.
That's an interesting point.

But those are BMWs and this is...Taurus.
The BMWs have the regard, noteriety and sales figure to match. They don't need redesigns to capture the market.

Ahh I don't know. It's still a pretty car. Just thinking out loud here.
2013 SHO PP

ShoBoat

They also said that it is unlikely that we get the same version. Ours could look and feel quite different. The interior for example will quite possibly be a significant downgrade from what we see here.

2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

mval

as i said before great news for us that plan on keeping our 3.5 TT sho's for a long time, ours will be unique. i'm sure the 2.7 is a good engine & can be tuned to make it even better.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

SwampRat

http://www.themustangnews.com/content/2015/04/2016-ford-taurus-debuts-china/#.VTfSKLtME0O

Ford made no mention of the North American 2016 Ford Taurus which goes on sale late this year, we can expect it should be very close if not identical to the Chinese version shown here given their One Ford plan for global products.

And don't worry, our Ford Taurus will likely continue to be built in the good old USA.

More pics including rear with more info .....

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/next-ford-taurus-official-pictures-specs-and-performance/#/5

http://www.carnewschina.com/2015/04/19/more-photos-of-the-all-new-2016-ford-taurus/

2021 Edge ST

AndyMan04

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2015/04/26/the-all-new-2016-ford-taurus-that-americans-cant-b.aspx

looks like Ford made it offical they have NO plans on bringing the Taurus to America at all... The Lincoln continental will only share this platform...
Sad day indeed  :(
2011 Taurus SHO... factory for now.

14SHOCAR

Quote from: AndyMan04 on April 27, 2015, 08:52:58 AM
looks like Ford made it offical they have NO plans on bringing the Taurus to America at all... The Lincoln continental will only share this platform...

I have a hard time believing a site that has "fool" in the name. And talking about "foolish" and "fool" all over the site.
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

SwampRat

Quote from: AndyMan04 on April 27, 2015, 08:52:58 AM
http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2015/04/26/the-all-new-2016-ford-taurus-that-americans-cant-b.aspx

Wrong .... There WILL be as US Model , basically the same as the China early release model with tweaks and some modifications for the North American Market.

Article with more recent exterior spy shots .......                                                                                                                                                                                               

http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news/1504-2016-ford-taurus-prototype-spied-in-detroit/#photogallery

2021 Edge ST

SHOnUup

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.