• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Finally got to the Dyno!

Started by SHO-TYM, December 02, 2014, 08:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHO-TYM

Ok, so after putting it off long enough, I decided to go to my local Dyno shop, and get the #s on my SHO. Current mods are:
Livernois Stage 4+X Tune
Catless Downpipes
3 Bar Map Sensor
160 Degree Thermostat
Airaid Intake
Motorcraft Plugs Gapped at .30
Overall I am happy with the #s...I saw 348.5whp and 410 lb ft of torque. I would love to see 400 whp, but I know I need to get catback system, and meth. (Not ready to do that yet) But if you add the 25% drive train loss that this car sees..... I am looking at 436 hp at the crank, and  510 lb ft of torque..... those aren't bad #s if you ask me! What do you all think? Are my dyno #s accurate?
Here is a quick video
2011 Ford Taurus SHO Dyno Run: http://youtu.be/rCfdkMxNFGI
2011 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Livernois Motorsports Windstorm Intake, LME Stage 4+X Meth Tune, 160* thermostat, new motorcraft plugs gapped at .028. 3 Bar Map Sensor, LMS non-catted down pipes, Corsa Catback System, ALKY Methanol Injection, LED Puddle Lights, and (ATP upgraded turbos on the way)
Road & Track Article
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a25497/this-is-what-a-550-hp-ford-taurus-sho-looks-like/

91hybrid

Nice numbers!!!!  Nice fat torque spike coming on boost.

John
2014 SHO -PP, Unleashed Tuned, 3bar, Devils Own 100% meth, PPE catted down pipes, 3rd cat delete, Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, 170 deg, NGK 7's plugs, hot pipes - White Platinum 401a
418 whp - 513 wlb/ft
non meth 13.11@103.6 (knock limited)
Meth pass 11.991@114.28

SHO-TYM

2011 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Livernois Motorsports Windstorm Intake, LME Stage 4+X Meth Tune, 160* thermostat, new motorcraft plugs gapped at .028. 3 Bar Map Sensor, LMS non-catted down pipes, Corsa Catback System, ALKY Methanol Injection, LED Puddle Lights, and (ATP upgraded turbos on the way)
Road & Track Article
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a25497/this-is-what-a-550-hp-ford-taurus-sho-looks-like/

SHOnUup

Solid #'s, I'd think you should be more around the 370 HP mark with the dpipes though.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHO-TYM

Quote from: SHOnUup on December 02, 2014, 08:48:42 PM
Solid #'s, I'd think you should be more around the 370 HP mark with the dpipes though.

Rich
That was my thoughts to be honest.... I heard the Dyno Dynamics dyno is nicknamed "The Heartbreaker" because it reads lower than what you think.
Road & Track Article

SHO-TYM

Road & Track Article

SHOnUup

Quote from: SHO-TYM on December 02, 2014, 08:50:09 PM
Quote from: SHOnUup on December 02, 2014, 08:48:42 PM

Rich
That was my thoughts to be honest.... I heard the Dyno Dynamics dyno is nicknamed "The Heartbreaker" because it reads lower than what you think.
Was gonna ask you if the dyno had a reputation next. I've heard of this also. Still some solid #'s with great curves.

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

Was there a reason to keep the hood only cracked, I'd think this would be a disadvantage with the Airaid. Maybe worst case for Airaid CAI.

Rich

SHO-TYM

Quote from: SHOnUup on December 02, 2014, 08:56:00 PM
Was there a reason to keep the hood only cracked, I'd think this would be a disadvantage with the Airaid. Maybe worst case for Airaid CAI.

Rich
I didn't really question it.... all his cables were running out of the hood, and i guess he didn't want to leave it open, or close it all the way. That giant fan was blowing pretty good though.... my filter is REALLY dirty, and needs to be cleaned for sure.... but still seemed a little low on #s from what I have read... but they are the only AWD dyno in town.
Road & Track Article

SHOnUup

Dyno dynamics is good for about an 8-10% lower reading from what I see compared to the dynojet  (the industry "benchmark" so to speak)

Rich

SHO-TYM

Quote from: SHOnUup on December 02, 2014, 09:12:08 PM
Dyno dynamics is good for about an 8-10% lower reading from what I see compared to the dynojet  (the industry "benchmark" so to speak)

Rich
That is what I have read as well.... so that would put me around the 375whp mark like I thought was more accurate
Road & Track Article

peppelepugh

NIIICCCEEEEEE!!!!!! glad to see ya back on the forum too. you go missing then come back with dyno numbers?! lol
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

SHO-TYM

Quote from: peppelepugh on December 03, 2014, 09:23:56 AM
NIIICCCEEEEEE!!!!!! glad to see ya back on the forum too. you go missing then come back with dyno numbers?! lol
Man I know! I've got a 7 month old that takes up most of my free time. I try to balance it all, but I want to pay attention to him as much as I can.... I've got some big things coming up really soon. Long story short, I got in a street race with a 2015 jaguar F-Type Supercharged V6 with 400hp, and i beat him, we pulled in a gas station, and he wanted to take a ride in the SHO, and it blew his mind.... so we got back, and he said "what would you think about me doing an article on your car?" I didn't quite follow what he was saying, he then said, "I'm sorry, I didn't introduce myself... I'm Zach Bowman editor, and test drive for Road & Track Magazine" (que jaw drop). So we are working on a date and time to get the photoshoot, and interview done. Pretty awesome. What are the chances I'd race THAT guy on Thanksgiving night at midnight?!?
Road & Track Article

bigmoneycloser

Awesome!
Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

SHOnUup

Quote from: SHO-TYM on December 03, 2014, 09:56:16 AM
Quote from: peppelepugh on December 03, 2014, 09:23:56 AM
Man I know! I've got a 7 month old that takes up most of my free time. I try to balance it all, but I want to pay attention to him as much as I can.... I've got some big things coming up really soon. Long story short, I got in a street race with a 2015 jaguar F-Type Supercharged V6 with 400hp, and i beat him, we pulled in a gas station, and he wanted to take a ride in the SHO, and it blew his mind.... so we got back, and he said "what would you think about me doing an article on your car?" I didn't quite follow what he was saying, he then said, "I'm sorry, I didn't introduce myself... I'm Zach Bowman editor, and test drive for Road & Track Magazine" (que jaw drop). So we are working on a date and time to get the photoshoot, and interview done. Pretty awesome. What are the chances I'd race THAT guy on Thanksgiving night at midnight?!?
Awesome opportunity, I'm confident you'll represent us ecoboosters well.

Nothing wrong with spending the extra time with your child, before you know it you'll be tossing them the keys.

Rich