• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

How fast can the SHO go and how fast do you dare to take it?

Started by sunwolf, October 17, 2014, 10:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunwolf

I know the pp-SHO will go 140 stock because of the speed limiter. With LMS tune they remove the limiter so aerodynamics are the limiting factor. Does anyone know what the top speed would be with a tune? I tested the car in Forza 4 which is supposed to simulate stuff pretty good and with ~430 cHP it could hit about 180. Do you think the car would fall apart at that speed? Is it faster/slower than that? Just curious to see how the game correlates to real life (without maxing my car out on the road).
2014 Taurus SHO Black Performance Pack LMS tune 3bar tstat downpipes
2008 BMW M6 Convertible SMG
2008 F-150 XLT 4x4 5.4L
2011 F-150 Ecoboost Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Lincoln Navigator L 4x4

SHOnUup

I heard 168. Would like to say that was from Livernois, but with all the stuff I've read and watched over last few months on these cars I can't be sure if it was them. Fastest I've went is 140 and it felt like there was alot left.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

BiGMaC

I have the same questions.... And hope anybody who tests top speed tuned does it on a track.... As for mine I don't know 'cuz it's easy to bury the speedometer needle for me.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

wasinger3000

I've been to 148. Car still felt steady. Although in my mustang 165 was a cake walk with little feeling of uncertainty. In the sho around 140 the air noise gets a little loud. I am certain the car will run out of power to push against the air before it tears apart or flips over from lack of down force.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

BBOX

If you guys are doing this this on public roads, you're f**kin crazy. I had the MKS up around 100 on the highway, hilariously on the test drive, I doubt it's really flirted with triple digits too much since then though I do hope to change that when I'm finally able to get to the track.

Forza's a video game, while it's fun I sincerely doubt it's accurate. Someone with knowledge of the gear ratios should be able to do the math and figure out what a theoretical max speed would be if the car had enough power to maximize the gearing available. In theory non-PP cars, with their lower final drive, should have a higher maximum speed I believe.

sunwolf

Theoretical top speed IF the car had enough power would be about 210 for a pp sho (6th gear 2000 rpm is ~70 x 3 gives 210). Non pp should do 240 (210*3.16/2.77) but there is no way they have enough power to get up there. 210 would require at least 550 hp and 240 at least 1000 hp by my estimate.
2014 Taurus SHO Black Performance Pack LMS tune 3bar tstat downpipes
2008 BMW M6 Convertible SMG
2008 F-150 XLT 4x4 5.4L
2011 F-150 Ecoboost Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Lincoln Navigator L 4x4

wasinger3000

These big boats were ever intended to see any were close to that speed, hah. I would not want to try, even if I had 1000hp.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

SHOdded

I'm sure all you'd need is bpd's chin & roof spoilers + the hood pins ;) and tires.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

vernonator

Quote from: BBOX on October 17, 2014, 12:09:29 PM
If you guys are doing this this on public roads, you're f**kin crazy. I had the MKS up around 100 on the highway, hilariously on the test drive, I doubt it's really flirted with triple digits too much since then though I do hope to change that when I'm finally able to get to the track.

Forza's a video game, while it's fun I sincerely doubt it's accurate. Someone with knowledge of the gear ratios should be able to do the math and figure out what a theoretical max speed would be if the car had enough power to maximize the gearing available. In theory non-PP cars, with their lower final drive, should have a higher maximum speed I believe.

Wow - not really flirted with triple digits...that's too bad. I routinely hit 100 getting on the freeway in the AM and have a stretch of backroad that I like to drop the hammer on when going home - have hit 140 there. That's about as fast as I have been in the SHO - 140 and it feels like it has more to give, but starts to float a bit :)
2012 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP. Livernois Stage 4+, PPE Catless DP's, EBC Stage 4 Front/Rear Brakes
2015 Tuxedo Black Explorer Sport 401A, no mods....YET :)

ZSHO

A couple of weeks ago on a early sun morning did about 240 with a Livernois tune,yes thats correct 240KM.LOL.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

peppelepugh

Quote from: ZSHO on October 17, 2014, 02:59:16 PM
A couple of weeks ago on a early sun morning did about 240 with a Livernois tune,yes thats correct 240KM.LOL.

HAHAHAHAHA ^^^^^THIS GUY^^^^^^^^
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

SHOnUup

Saw that 240 at first and was like :-X ...funny stuff there

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

liteyouup

Quote from: BBOX on October 17, 2014, 12:09:29 PM

Nah! My other car is a Civic, I've taken that up to 155.  That was crazy though.   Those cars aren't meant to go that fast, I'm sure the SHO is way more stable.
2013 Explorer Sport
...and on that day, not one #@%$ was given.

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOnUup on October 17, 2014, 03:25:55 PM
Saw that 240 at first and was like :-X ...funny stuff there

Rich
Drove a new OPEL and A Golf in europe last year,over there its in kilometers,just like its celsuis over there.lol.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

Honestly speaking only on a few occasions hit 140 and the speed limit was 65,so basically i am more of a 1-60 and 1/4 guy and even then felt a little remorse afterwards especially with two children at home waiting for me[not worth it] save it for the track,cars can be built but people cant,thank you.