• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Installing a boost gauge

Started by shogunal, February 27, 2014, 08:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shogunal

I have a boost gauge and want to install myself and save the money. Since this will be my first boost gauge install can anyone point me in the right direction. My concern is where to connect the vacuum line on a 2010pp. Any pics, diagrams, links to threads would be greatly appreciated.

EcoPowerParts

You can get the boost source from the boost solenoid that is bolted to the top of the motor when you take the cover off.
T into the hose that goes from the boost solenoid into the turbo piping that goes over the engine on the right hand side.
Piece of cake!
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

crash712us

Or here at vacuum boost hose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

shogunal

4DRHTRD I'm not sure what the boost solenoid looks like. Can you send me a pic please. Thank you.

shogunal

I just want to make sure I do this right. Attached is a pick of our ecoboost engine in the SHO. Is this the boost solenoid I have circled in red and the line I need to "T" into in green?

glock-coma

No, the red circle is the high pressure fuel pump. DO NOT TRY TO TAP OR SPLICE INTO THIS!!!!!
And the green circle is part of the  PCV  system.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

shogunal

THANKS GLOCK-COMA!!  Now I just need a pic of where this boost solenoid is.

glock-coma

Quote from: shogunal on February 28, 2014, 11:54:45 PM
THANKS GLOCK-COMA!!  Now I just need a pic of where this boost solenoid is.

This is the best I can do right now

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

crash712us

I couldn't even tell you where it is. But I know with near 60 pods sold the above picture is how I have and they have done it.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

TSS

when you actually do this,  a short write up and photographs would be extremely helpful. I have been thinking about doing this.
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

glock-coma

SHOdded

Welcome!  So many small parts that could be just about anything :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SwampRat

I saw this at Full Race and was wondering if it would work on the SHO throttle body and make for a cleaner  boost guage install ?

http://www.full-race.com/store/ecoboost/ford-ecoboost-v6-throttle-body-spacer-with-boost-ports-1.html
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

crash712us

$99 or $3 for a vacuum T, seems like a no brainier.