• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Need a car near Palmetto FL for catch can development

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 28, 2014, 12:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

I'm working with RX Performance Products to come up with a catch can for our cars as they have one for the truck and it's working well.
If you can get by there please contact
Tracey Lewis
RX Performance Products 1614 20th St E Palmetto, FL 34221 rxproducts@aol.com

Thanks!
Mike

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Boggus

2013 unleashed SHO PP

BiGMaC

Could be a real boon especially if it can be cooled a bit. Better fuel and longer lasting turbos.  3 chamber with baffles, etc.?

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

bpd1151

This would be a nice option.

Hopefully someone can / will step up to the plate on behalf of all.

Subscribed :popcorn:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

bigmoneycloser

Dumb question... Can you explain what this is and benefits?
Also, when you say trucks you mean f150.?
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

SwampRat

Quote from: bigmoneycloser on January 28, 2014, 05:01:35 PM
Dumb question... Can you explain what this is and benefits?
Also, when you say trucks you mean f150.?

yeh .... me too .  In the dark on this one ???
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

BiGMaC

It is a trap for the oil etc. that comes out of your PCV crankcase ventilation ... And currently goes back into the air intake for your turbos..., getting oil etc. out stops octane reduction of fuel and prevents a buildup on the turbo wheels of a thick sludge.., called "coking" the turbos.

Here's a couple of pics of the one designed for the F150 EB.  The last one shows what this owner found in his after 300 miles!... He was shooting this into his turbos!  Left click the images to enlarge.

Usually 2 or 3 baffles and a filter.  It goes in the crankcase recirc line, not the fresh air induction line. Just Google "catch can for auto"

Hope this helps.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

bigmoneycloser

Sounds good..
Obviously I want one for the Xsport...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

BiGMaC

My SHO is having one if someone will step up!... 

These have been around for a while... Kudos to Mike for thinking of it for us.  It should be relatively cheap too...I bet less than a CAI ...we'll see and I bet someone gets a free one or a killer discount.

bigmoneycloser

Bring it to NJ...lol
Or I'm gonna have my motorcycle fab guy start building me one off stuff soon..lol
2014 Explorer Sport 401A

SRT82ECOBOOST

The catch can pictured looks just like the one I have had in the past from Billet Technology for my Mopars. Is the test fit only required for fabricating a bracket?
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

futat2

Sorry guys, google mapped it and it is over 4hrs each way. not gonna be able to volunteer for this one. But if there is any one in tampa they are right below you.
2013 SHO PP, Sparkly Black
bone stock (for now)
Got the windows tinted, 15% all around

SwampRat

Quote from: bigmoneycloser on January 28, 2014, 06:50:38 PM
Bring it to NJ...lol
Or I'm gonna have my motorcycle fab guy start building me one off stuff soon..lol

TOP SECRET STUFF ..  eyh ? ?
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

bigmoneycloser

I really know nothing about cars...... I've always been a motorcycle guy. So I'm pretty much just a check book guy when it comes to the XSport.... But I love mod'in all my toys, bikes, guns,etc...and now the XSport..

Kbeck... First item may be the P brake braket....lol
2014 Explorer Sport 401A

BiGMaC

Quote from: SRT82ECOBOOST on January 28, 2014, 06:58:35 PM
The catch can pictured looks just like the one I have had in the past from Billet Technology for my Mopars. Is the test fit only required for fabricating a bracket?

They still make them for mopar...
Quote from: kbeck59 on January 28, 2014, 07:07:44 PM
Quote from: bigmoneycloser on January 28, 2014, 06:50:38 PM
Bring it to NJ...lol

TOP SECRET STUFF ..  eyh ? ?

Canister size and brackets for fitment and then testing to be sure the baffle and filter system condenses and catches the oil correctly in the size/shape that works in the engine compartment, then connector location for fit and baffle function... it may not be round...  Not rocket science... just a bit of a pain to make sure it works right I think