• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Taurus SHO Vehicle wiring chart - Kolk1

Started by SHOdded, November 23, 2013, 01:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Originally posted by Kolk1

Vehicle wiring chart.
04-17-2013, 02:53 PM
This is for a 2011 SHO. Please check and confirm all wiring first. I would bet 10-12 is the same, but for some items I could 13s being a little different. So just use this as a reference guide.

How about this, copied the images, then transferred to photobucket. lol

Last edited by Kolk1; 04-17-2013, 09:00 PM.

04-17-2013, 09:03 PM
White, and White/Brown for Left front Woofer, White/Purple and White/Orange for Right front woofer. Technically subs are Mono, so you only need to tap into one door speaker.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SRT82ECOBOOST

So do the front door speakers receive a full range signal?
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

bpd1151

Thanks for posting this info! :ok:

:bow: Shodded the all knowing :bow:

DJE624

Quote from: bpd1151 on December 10, 2013, 06:03:44 PM

He does get around don't he?

Kolk1

Quote from: bpd1151 on December 10, 2013, 06:03:44 PM

Cough cough, First line, "Originally posted by Kolk1"... :D

bpd1151

:bow: Kolk also :bow:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

SHOdded

I like immortalizing valuable contributions, iz all :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Fast SHO

Anyone have info on the following that my installer needs?

I need the dealer one that show thr sony amp that has the diagram showing all the wires on the factory amp.
2014 SHO PP

EcoBrick Bob

Think 4DR has a 2011 Wiring manual for Flex.   I have all 3   2010 Flex manuals, but I am on my way north for Christmas and manuals are in FL. 
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

Fast SHO

Think I might have solved this based on the wiring diagrams below.  Let me know if I'm right please.  BTW, these diagrams match the charts above for the output side of the DSP/AMP.

Turns out the AMP/DSP are the same component.  Also looks like you can tap an unprocessed signal from the front via the Audio Control Module or back on the input side of the DSP/AMP.  Because I have the Sony Audio System the circuits that need tapped are VME17/18 and RME17/18.

For a clean signal from the rear at the AMP/DSP it looks like I would have to tap into connector C4326A pin 7/9 and 17/19?

Connector C4326B appears to be the output/processed signal?

Or from the front at the Audio Control Module at Connector C240A pin 10/11 and 22/23?  Would this perhaps be the best since it is full range and holds the entire frequency range.

2014 SHO PP

Kolk1

Quote from: Fast SHO on December 17, 2013, 08:29:18 PM
For a clean signal from the rear at the AMP/DSP it looks like I would have to tap into connector C4326A pin 7/9 and 17/19?

Seems to read correct at least. I wouldnt mind pulling mine apart and testing this honestly. Test and see if it makes a noticeable difference getting it from before the factory amplifier. I know Ill have to redo all my gain settings, but thats easy enough.

I plan on redoing my whole system come spring time, so I havent really been looking into it much, but this soundnt take that long to test out.

Fast SHO

The benefit is you are getting an unprocessed signal.  As I stated in the other thread, you might lose volume control through the stock HU and require a remote volume control from your aftermarket DSP. 

I'll know by tomorrow.  lol

I've been helping out my installer on this problem.  Apparently, almost every Taurus install has been post amp and not preamp.  All of his wiring diagrams only show the post amp method.
2014 SHO PP

Kolk1

I mentioned it in the other thread, what if you set one of these to Max volume:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/161097158610?lpid=82

Then turned the gains up on the amp to make that sound like max volume, and then you can just turn down the RCA controller to lower the volume?

Fast SHO

This looks like a more complicated version.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-46XKtQqx06e/p_136CLRLC/JL-Audio-CL-RLC.html

My DSP has a remote volume controller so I really don't need one.  Only problem now is getting it in on time.
2014 SHO PP

Fast SHO

Talked to some other folks who have done installs on other vehicles such as the Flex and F150.  Apparently there is a high likely hood that getting a signal pre-amp will result in a loss of volume control and SYNC capabilities because the AMP/DSP also acts like a computer because it combines the SYNC features with the audio signal prior to output.

Now you know why people either completely remove the HU or just get a signal post amp.
2014 SHO PP