• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

F150 Wilwood brakes being developed

Started by EcoPowerParts, November 02, 2013, 05:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

I'm working with Todd on a caliper and big brake upgrade for the F150. I'll need some for my Tremor when it's here.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

SHOdded

Looks awesome!  Any releaseable specs yet?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

dcpatters

Would love this for the Explorer sport.
2014 Explorer Sport LMS tune, 170 Stat, Airaid

EcoPowerParts

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

dcpatters

Wow, I will have to look into that. Thanks for info
2014 Explorer Sport LMS tune, 170 Stat, Airaid

bigmoneycloser

Quote from: dcpatters on November 21, 2013, 10:22:00 PM
Would love this for the Explorer sport.
You can have it for the XSport....
I just bought it from TCE.  Should have install pics and feed back on fitment the week after the holiday.
Same kit as the sho/flex
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

BiGMaC

Bee-you-tee-ful addition for a "blackout"

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Todd TCE

Curious to see/hear the outcome of the Explorer build. It's a step by step test fit of sorts getting going but if it all falls into place this means we can share the same parts as the SHO here without issue. *As well as the other platforms: Flex, MKS, MKT....(think I got that right)
Todd
TCE

DJE624

Good work guys.  Are the SHO/MKS going to fit inside 20s?

Todd TCE

Quote from: DJE624 on December 09, 2013, 03:02:11 PM
Good work guys.  Are the SHO/MKS going to fit inside 20s?

DIAMETER wise all of this easily fits into a 20. And 18 in fact.

But..all these kits require a fairly shallow offset hat. Meaning the caliper body is our much farther than stock.

All of these fit a bit more than 30mm  "above the deck" on the wheel mount pad.

A= 30.5mm plus an air gap.

No clue where that image went:
http://www.tceperformanceproducts.com/images/Caliper_Clearance.png

Given what we know about the need for a spacer on the SHO, I suspect all the vehicles will be pretty much the same. Ford has a habit of using very shallow offset rotors. And flat faced wheels. Both of which are seemingly all wrong for the big brake world!
Todd
TCE

DJE624

Pardon my ignorance but if I wanted to be able to do this some day would I want the 30 or 40 offset if I went with 20 X 8.5 TSW Temblants?  I'm guessing that the 30 offset would set the wheel out further?

Todd TCE

Quote from: DJE624 on December 09, 2013, 06:38:28 PM
Pardon my ignorance but if I wanted to be able to do this some day would I want the 30 or 40 offset if I went with 20 X 8.5 TSW Temblants?  I'm guessing that the 30 offset would set the wheel out further?

To a certain degree "offset" has nothing to do with it. The issue is spoke shape or design. Granted that can change with the wheel offset change also. But you can as easily have a wheel with the stock offset fit as you can a modified offset not clear. All depends on the shape.
Todd
TCE

JimiJak

Quote from: bigmoneycloser on November 22, 2013, 06:17:50 AM
You can have it for the XSport....
I just bought it from TCE.  Should have install pics and feed back on fitment the week after the holiday.

Wondering about some follow up pics post install?

Also...I'm surprised to see drilled/slotted rotors on such a high end brake setup after all the negativity I hear about them and how blanks are better. What am I missing?

Regardless they are beautiful!!
"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build

mjhpadi

All this talk of offset and wheel shape and if the wheels will be in a different position from stock.  Again, this is an area, I'm sure a lot of us are not too familiar with or knowledgeable about, so maybe some basis education would help us understand what we need, all with pictures/drawings that would help explain things....
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

mval

mark:
as i'm sure your aware my technical ability is to say small is an over statement. i found this site that helped explain some
http://www.worldoneperformance.com/blog/2009/07/22/how-do-wheel-offsets-work/
then i used the site dave recommended www.willtheyfit.com to compare what i had & what i was going with to make sure it would fit especially with the mgp caliphers we both have. tried one wheel on just to make sure was as supposed to be & wheels fit perfect. it took a lot of looking to find the offset on our 2010 model, mine without PP, but finally found wheels where +39 offset & new wheels where +35 offset which actually gave me more room away from caliphers. moved the whole wheel out some but not enough to cause a problem, i think was less than 10mm.
mikev
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen