• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Dyno done for upgraded stock turbos 459/521

Started by EcoPowerParts, September 13, 2013, 08:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

I took my car today to get a dyno done before the ATP turbos get here next week. This dyno is the stock turbos upgraded with a billet stock size compressor wheel. I was fighting some tuning gremlins but we were able to get this run out clean rolling in late at 3500RPM to WOT. I had another dyno that actually hit 480+ HP but the throttle closed and shut the run down.

The crazy curves are due to us having to baby the car into high boost, I need to do a better job of tuning fuel AND the car was lifting off the rollers if we floored it down low.

This shows a solid 50+ HP capable on adding the cheapest turbo upgrade at $1600 a pair over the stock turbos. I believe this is also the highest HP dyno (according to my discussion with BPD today) I thought somebody had done 500WHP but I can't find the dyno.

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

darreli

No...my dyno from last year was 423hp and 521tq. That was wheel hp and not corrected power...that's kind of "peaky" no?

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: darreli on September 13, 2013, 08:30:50 PM
No...my dyno from last year was 423hp and 521tq. That was wheel hp and not corrected power...that's kind of "peaky" no?
We were rolling into it pretty late, not WOT until around 3700 RPM.
That's wheel HP, it's corrected for atmospheric conditions temp/weather etc, pretty standard stuff.

I'm waiting for the pfd file of the run with boost/AFR, they might be gone for the day though.
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

EcoPowerParts

I also had a partial pull at 485HP but the ECU started seeing the car go lean and shut the throttle... Also did a partial pull with the cutout open, saw over 27psi but also went lean and the car shut itself down.
No reason to spend a ton of time on tuning this setup when I'll have a completely different setup in 2 weeks, just wanted to show what the car could do on these turbos for information's sake before the swap.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

bpd1151

Yea, I did inform 4DR when he told me hit 459 that I believed that was the best dyno thus far in an Eco.....

I didn't realize he was referring to "corrected power" when he said that.

Moving along......

Darrell, I thought it was you that had the 435awhp dyno, but it must've been FirstSHO.

:hmmm:

Either way, you guys are all collectively at the peak of the mountain so to speak, and it will be interesting to see how the future unfolds for these next latest round of mods coming out.

I would hope, for everyone's sake, that someone can cross that dubious 11 barrier that's been so incredibly elusive thus far.....

Keep working on it fella's.

Between tuning & actual, bonafide upgrades, someone's bound to get there sooner, rather than later!

Mike :beer:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 6

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: darreli on September 13, 2013, 08:30:50 PM
I found a copy of your dyno, it's SAE corrected as well. :)

http://wahiduddin.net/calc/cf.htm

Top right, SAE = SAE corrected, same as mine. All dynos do it.

Use this link and zoom in:
http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg324/LivernoisMotorsports/shoturboupgrade.jpg
www.ecopowerparts.com -

ONLYA6

How are the transmissions doing with this kind of power? I'm curious at what point will something give.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Steven

2013 Taurus SHO - Best ET 12.7/ MPH 110
1999 Mustang V6 - Turbo - 474 whp 431 wtq

EcoPowerParts

Me too....
So far so good with the tranny, we'll see in a couple of weeks! :D
www.ecopowerparts.com -

FO SHO

AZ ALL MOTORS

bpd1151

As i've stated previously, I was told during the course of my tour at the CAP, that FMC tested the 3.5 EB Platform to the range of 700-720bhp, before any experiences presented themselves.

Now, I was not told what those failures were, and nor did I ask.

But these power plants have been up to the range indicated above, before things started heading South so to speak.

QwikSHO

I'm just curious as how this AWD system will handle high HP launches, considering it's a FWD until it senses slip AWD system...instead of a true 50/50 AWD system.

ONLYA6

Quote from: bpd1151 on September 13, 2013, 10:07:26 PM
As i've stated previously, I was told during the course of my tour at the CAP, that FMC tested the 3.5 EB Platform to the range of 700-720bhp, before any experiences presented themselves.

If we are still speaking related to the transmission... I'm sure that was on an engine dyno though and not an indication of what the transmission can handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Steven

2013 Taurus SHO - Best ET 12.7/ MPH 110
1999 Mustang V6 - Turbo - 474 whp 431 wtq

CroR1

For the upgrades turbos, do you have to upgrade any fuel system components, and what? How capable is the stock fuel system?

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: QwikSHO on September 13, 2013, 11:06:34 PM
I'm just curious as how this AWD system will handle high HP launches, considering it's a FWD until it senses slip AWD system...instead of a true 50/50 AWD system.
Forscan has shown, at least in gen 4.2 that when brake boosting from a standstill, power is automagically sent to the rear.

FracaSHO

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on October 22, 2014, 01:39:09 PM
Quote from: QwikSHO on September 13, 2013, 11:06:34 PM
Forscan has shown, at least in gen 4.2 that when brake boosting from a standstill, power is automagically sent to the rear.

Gen 4.2, as in 2013 and up? 
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP