• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

The Black Beast

Started by LowFrequencies, August 12, 2013, 07:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowFrequencies

The Amp Research installation is simple as can be.  The wiring harness is cut to proper length, the color coding is the same as factory, and it installs easy (at least on our trucks).  The safety is amazing, too.  If they bump something on the way down, they will stop and stay until the doors are closed.  Same with going up, if they feel resistance they will stay out.  Plus, the step lights are really bright.

My buddy at work has them on his Dodge 2500 and I love them, but his install was a pain.  He had to tap wiring behind his instrument panel, so he said it was a slight task.

My truck is basically completed aside from finishing my headlights, installing the running boards and buying/installing my mids/highs amp. :)
2012 F150 XLT 4wd Ecoboost in Tuxedo Black
- Performance: LMS 93 Tune, Airraid CAI, Heartthrob Exhaust, Offroad Package (factory rear locking diff + 3.73 gears)
- Exterior: BDS 6" Suspension Lift + 2" Leveling Kit, 35x12.50r20 Open Country M/T on 20" Ballistic Jesters, 6000k HIDs in High/Low/Fogs, Recon 3rd Brake Light, LED Tails, LEDs, Switchback Turn Signals, Powdercoated Bumpers
- Interior: Hatchie Bottom Armour-Suede seat covers, White Dome LEDs
- Audio: Pioneer AVH-P4400BH Screen pushing Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 Components and 6x8s, Rockford Fosgate T1000-1bdCP with 2x Sundown SA-10s

BiGMaC

Thanks...... Sounds very cool and properly engineered.  :thumb:
If you got to do the install yet, did you take any pics of it... especially where you tapped the factory wiring?

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

LowFrequencies

They haven't shipped yet, but the instructions are available on their website, and they tap one of the plugs at the BCM.  It has visuals for everything though.  Very clear. :D
- Performance: LMS 93 Tune, Airraid CAI, Heartthrob Exhaust, Offroad Package (factory rear locking diff + 3.73 gears)
- Exterior: BDS 6" Suspension Lift + 2" Leveling Kit, 35x12.50r20 Open Country M/T on 20" Ballistic Jesters, 6000k HIDs in High/Low/Fogs, Recon 3rd Brake Light, LED Tails, LEDs, Switchback Turn Signals, Powdercoated Bumpers
- Audio: Pioneer AVH-P4400BH Screen pushing Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 Components and 6x8s, Rockford Fosgate T1000-1bdCP with 2x Sundown SA-10s

BiGMaC

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

LowFrequencies

Anything done to that F250? :)

BiGMaC

Only the spray-in bed liner (Rhino), toolbox (bright aluminum) and a gooseneck hitch.  it's the wife's DD and horse hauler.  I do think she'd like electric running boards for her birthday though... those look pretty good!  Just checked out the website. It's tuxedo black too, LOL

Spending too much money on my ride.   Have hotpipes and catted PPE downpipes just waiting at 4Dr's shop.  We're developing an affordable dual pipe CAI for the transverse 3.5EB.  Similar to what Hennessey offers for $2300...they claim dyno proof of 25WHP increases... we think it will end up $500-$700 even in small fabrication runs... cheap bolt on WHP and we have the dyno to make sure..... so you see what I'm spending on... ROFL  After that a tune.  gonna do sequential dynos as things are added just to know.

LowFrequencies

F250 is expensive too, especially getting rid of emissions and what not, but boy do they sound sexy.. that's my next in late 2014/early 2015.

BiGMaC

It could be worth it even in performance... The truck is quiet and quick compared to the 2009 we traded on it.. but it's still a hauler.. just wanna make it sexy!

LowFrequencies

Oh performance boost is insane.. they're big into diesel performance around here.  The guys with the tractor trucks (Ballin on a Budget) on the small cars episode of Top Gear are local.  They do amazing work, and I can't wait to give them some business. :P

LowFrequencies

It's amazing what a little work can do! ;)  Boy, I love these Oracles!

A little fun at the mudpit!  Dragging around my 4 wheeler and my buddy's Can-Am Maverick. :)

LowFrequencies

Today brings a good day for some more mods.. ripping off my F150 badges and Ford emblem from the tailgate and painting a black metallic trim on everything with a metallic white for the inserts/Ford Oval.

Stay tuned!  After I get settled at my new job, I'll be selling my 35s and 20s and upgrading to some 37x13.50r22 Mud Grapplers on 22x9.5 Black KMC Slides. :)

SHOdded

Pics, closeups :)  How are you liking the audio so far?  Must be broken in by now.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

panther427

That is a great looking Truck..
2013 SHO

LowFrequencies

Oh the audio is amazing. Tuned well all around. I'm loving it!

I haven't got a chance to mess with my emblems yet as it's been a busy weekend, but I'll probably get on them tomorrow!

Thanks guys!

LowFrequencies

Here we go!  Rainy weather screwed me out of painting yesterday, but today (being it's past midnight..) it's on!  I have a can of Black Metallic that will be done on the chrome pieces, and the black pieces will be done with a silver to give off that machined look.

I was originally going to swap to KMC Slides, but because they don't offer them in the offset I'd want (of course not, it's not an offroad wheel lol), I'm going to change up and go to different rim.  I haven't decided which yet, though. :)

I'll update if I can get some paint on them later today!