• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

So had a dream and now I'm obsessed .... lol

Started by SHOSTL88, April 16, 2014, 04:54:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOSTL88

So had a dream last night that I got my Sho down to the 11 's and realized that not to many have done this... now the almighty debate to void the warranty and risk longevity of my car that I still very much owe on and just mod the s*** out of it ... or too have patience and just ride out what I have until car is either paid down or warranty Is expired... Decisions Decisions.... I could put the poll to you but I feel as tho most of you are biased opinions once I'm done with forking the bill out on this wedding the car budget will then be in full effect... why can't car manufacturers just be Ok with modding cars and relive the stress of this warranty game...
This dream I had was very very real and this is definitely a dream I could make happen... The responsible side of me says just wait tho and get my money out of the warranty especially considering I paid for the extended ..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Needmoreboost

Love your dream, but there are so many other platforms that can get there for a lot cheaper (less weight) and less headache.  My advice, just enjoy your 12 second ride...  Lol.  ;)
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

SHOdded

Since you can definitely get to the low 12's without much modification, I think I'd get it there and turn attention to appearance and AV mods.  IMHO.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Quote from: Needmoreboost on April 16, 2014, 09:17:24 AMLove your dream, but there are so many other platforms that can get there for a lot cheaper (less weight) and less headache. 

My advice, just enjoy your 12 second ride...  Lol.  ;)

Ha!  :rofl2:

This is the most sound advice I've seen posted here yet. :ok:

Fact is, there's been only one (privately owned) EB owner who's broken into the elusive 11 barrier, and that member/owner was/is FirstSHO, and he's a Livernois customer for the record.

Not even 4DR, with all his mods was able to do this in his no longer owned, and now completely de-constructed, traded back into dealership, FLEX.

2014 ought to be interesting as I believe it may be seen that other EB owners, whether members here, or elsewhere, will likely also eclipse into the 11's with an EB based powerplant.

But to close, Needmoreboost hit it right on the head of the nail. LOL.

SwampRat

This is the dream that many of us have . For many here it is not an issue of sensibility or being practical .

I think a lot of it is simply the shear joy that we feel when we see the stunned looks of disbelief on other drivers that are not aware of what this platform is capable of .

Yes there are TONS of other cars that can reach that mark much more easily and cheaper but it is a much more " common " occurance .

How many other 2 ton bricks can do what we are able to achieve at this price point even with mods ?
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

SHOSTL88

Quote from: SwampRat on April 16, 2014, 11:55:19 AM
This is the dream that many of us have . For many here it is not an issue of sensibility or being practical .

I think a lot of it is simply the shear joy that we feel when we see the stunned looks of disbelief on other drivers that are not aware of what this platform is capable of .

Yes there are TONS of other cars that can reach that mark much more easily and cheaper but it is a much more " common " occurance .

How many other 2 ton bricks can do what we are able to achieve at this price point even with mods ?
my thoughts exactly there is nothing better than walking away from people and seeing them scream like Jarule did in fast and furious.. Nooooo Monicaaaa.... lol of course I could go buy a vette and withe simple mods have an 11 sec car I think buy tastefully modding the sho and with the right conditions this dream is a reality well just have to see where this road takes me one mod at a time...

Livernois Motorsports

As you all have seen 11's are possible, FirstSHO proved this being the first SHO in the 11's.

While I agree that it can be a little bit more difficult to do so in a 4300 lb. car anything is possible. We have been able to prove that it is possible with our products. As the industry is always changing you can count on us to keep doing the necessary research and development to offer quality products that help everyone achieve their goals! All of the parts that are necessary to do this are listed in the video posted

http://youtu.be/n6Qs-fK83pw

SHOSTL88

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on April 16, 2014, 01:42:27 PM
As you all have seen 11's are possible, FirstSHO proved this being the first SHO in the 11's.

While I agree that it can be a little bit more difficult to do so in a 4300 lb. car anything is possible. We have been able to prove that it is possible with our products. As the industry is always changing you can count on us to keep doing the necessary research and development to offer quality products that help everyone achieve their goals!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6Qs-fK83pw&feature=youtube_gdata
you guys are great keep it up...

kinder

And how has FirstSHO (Mike)'s car been? Any issues thus far? How many miles on it since the mods?
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

REDSHOCGO

Quote from: SHOSTL88 on April 16, 2014, 04:54:36 AM
So had a dream last night that I got my Sho down to the 11 's and realized that not to many have done this... now the almighty debate to void the warranty and risk longevity of my car that I still very much owe on and just mod the s*** out of it ... or too have patience and just ride out what I have until car is either paid down or warranty Is expired... Decisions Decisions.... I could put the poll to you but I feel as tho most of you are biased opinions once I'm done with forking the bill out on this wedding the car budget will then be in full effect... why can't car manufacturers just be Ok with modding cars and relive the stress of this warranty game...
This dream I had was very very real and this is definitely a dream I could make happen... The responsible side of me says just wait tho and get my money out of the warranty especially considering I paid for the extended ..

I have to agree 12 second car is about where you want to be with this platform. Also when running faster times things tend to go south quick in terms of reliability of the car. With any car in that instance but moreso with cars really not intended for those type of track times..
2010 Red Candy Sho 402a option non/pp w/unleashed tune,3 bar map, k & N CAI, Corsa catback exhaust, tints 35% front 20% back vta conversion,plastidipped front grill (matteblack), Curva Concept C7 wheels w/20" toyo proxes +4 and Sony Xperia z running torque pro
2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited tinted
2007 Pontiac G6 GTP cpe w/crab intake,Led sequential taillights, custom exhaust(now gone)

68_GT

too much trouble and a lot of wasted money on moderately fast nice looking family car.

I'd just be happy with mid-low 12's and call it a day. You'll never get the money back and you'll probably trade the car in a few years :)

I may add downpipes and possibly meth, but I'd only upgrade my turbos if my stockers crap out, or by doing so gets me into the 10's if more fuel mods came to be and supported a lot more power. Not enough benefit for the cost / effort to me to modify our turbos.
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

SwampRat

Quote from: kinder on April 17, 2014, 06:51:25 PM
And how has FirstSHO (Mike)'s car been? Any issues thus far? How many miles on it since the mods?

I dont think it's his DD and its still for sale .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST