• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Door Locks Trouble

Started by pauly_gxp, April 11, 2014, 09:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauly_gxp

Starting today, the SHO decided to lock the doors as it usually would after in drive. The problem is the car kept locking and locking over and over again all the way home. It only does it when in drive, otherwise all is fine. Any thoughts?

SHOdded

In older SHOs, that would usually mean a faulty door lock actuator (shorted) in the system.  Stupid question, but no keys in pocket accidentally getting pressed, right?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

pauly_gxp

LOL nope.  It is doing it again today.  It's not constant, but it kept doing it off and on for my 20 mile drive.  Mines a 2011.  I guess I haven't seen anyone else with issue.

SHOdded

I think n8rfastback (sp?) mentioned in the What Have You Done ... thread that he was looking for a passenger side actuator.  Maybe you could PM him for details?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

pauly_gxp

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't an actuator mean the door lock would not work for the door with the faulty part.  Everything works just fine, except when in drive.  The car then locks and locks and locks, over and over and over.  I don't know, we'll see what the shop says tomorrow. 

BiGMaC

Quote from: pauly_gxp on April 14, 2014, 10:52:31 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't an actuator mean the door lock would not work for the door with the faulty part.  Everything works just fine, except when in drive.  The car then locks and locks and locks, over and over and over.  I don't know, we'll see what the shop says tomorrow. 

Sounds right pauly... there must either be a sensor that can't tell the car that the doors are locked so it keeps trying to lock them... or maybe they don't all lock (actuator thing again..check every door to see if they are locking), or maybe programming glitch.

You may be able turn off the automatic 3mph door locking action in the car's settings to see if it stops.. then re-enable it to test whether the system just needed a reset.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

glock-coma

Disabling the automatic lock should fix your issue. Then try to re-enable the automatic lock feature and see whatnot does.
Maybe pull one of the battery cables to reset the computer.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

pauly_gxp

Well I disabled the auto locking features, it still was doing it.  To the dealership it went, and they found some bare wires in the driver door.  I also had them check out my steering issues, and of course the steering gear is bad.  So thankful for warranty, $1495 for replacement.  Ouch.  I just have to pay the tax, so better than the other way around.

glock-coma

Thx for the update. Glad everything worked out,  your warranty just paid for itself.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

BiGMaC

Quote from: glock-coma on April 16, 2014, 02:07:17 PM
Thx for the update. Glad everything worked out,  your warranty just paid for itself.

X2!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

Quote from: glock-coma on April 16, 2014, 02:07:17 PM
X3!  Best of luck!

JoeB

Was it doing something similar to this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k9yQbReiBQ

That is what mine has been doing for about a year now lol.  It does it when I unlock it though, not while driving.