• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SHO RX OCC with Clean Side Installation Option's

Started by SwampRat, March 22, 2014, 06:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thatsmrgimp2u

Yeah I did. Problem is in the hanging portion. The lower bracket needs to be longer (going down) by an inch or so.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

2011 ISM SHO;  SCT X3 (Unleashed), Airaid Intake, PPE Downpipes, Magnaflow Mufflers and X-pipe with Vibrant resonators, 170 Thermostat, H&R Springs, RX CSS
12.91@107

SwampRat

Quote from: thatsmrgimp2u on April 05, 2014, 09:35:53 PM
Yeah I did. Problem is in the hanging portion. The lower bracket needs to be longer (going down) by an inch or so.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Are the brackets the same ?

Are they attached exactly as in the pic below ?
Double click on it to be sure ... to expand image .

2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

BiGMaC

Quote from: SwampRat on April 05, 2014, 10:01:16 PM
Quote from: thatsmrgimp2u on April 05, 2014, 09:35:53 PM
Are the brackets the same ?
Are they attached exactly as in the pic below ?
Double click on it to be sure ... to expand image .

If you can't get it here...after you do the switch on the drain (you can remove and replace anything on the can except the center top the bracket sent to SHO users is as SW showed... but the one developed for the mounting that was for the Flex and supposed to work for us is different (check it out in the flex install thread)... If you contact Tracy at R%X Performance he will send you one.... Waiting on mine now.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

thatsmrgimp2u

Attached are a few pictures from this thread. Highlighted in green is the lower bracket that I received. The one in yellow is different with two slots instead of one. This is the part I was going to request from Tracy.
2011 ISM SHO;  SCT X3 (Unleashed), Airaid Intake, PPE Downpipes, Magnaflow Mufflers and X-pipe with Vibrant resonators, 170 Thermostat, H&R Springs, RX CSS
12.91@107

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

thatsmrgimp2u

12.91@107

ShoBoat

I wonder if there is a way to mount this in a cooler location? Like down low below the headlight or in front of the rad? Maybe with a remote release for the drain? I honestly believe that this is one of the reasons this unit (or any can) pulls so much gunk on the f150. But I guess we should wait for the results from you guys.
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

SwampRat

Quote from: ShoBoat on April 12, 2014, 11:52:55 PM
I wonder if there is a way to mount this in a cooler location? Like down low below the headlight or in front of the rad? Maybe with a remote release for the drain? I honestly believe that this is one of the reasons this unit (or any can) pulls so much gunk on the f150. But I guess we should wait for the results from you guys.

As I said in the first post in this thread  I see that there will more than likely be multiple mounting locations based on individual preferences .

I hope to see more installation ideas and actual installs with pics soon since Tacys Flex fix is in .

I'm not sure if any one location could be considered the best until actual drain results start to accumulate and  are posted with pics and or measured amounts  in this thread  below .
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=2565.msg38061#msg38061

Another thing that will have  to be considered as well , especially in light of several new CAI's coming up for sale is that the  Vacuum area / source for the Clean Side separator will require modification to the CAI or addition of bungs to the tubing .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

dalum

I'm with you on this.  On shop air compressor setups there is a minimum distance from the compressor to the drier so the air can cool back down and the water falls back out of the air.  Putting this can in the coolest location possible should greatly increase its effectiveness.
2013 Non-PP SHO

Tuner Boost

Quote from: dalum on April 14, 2014, 03:36:50 PM

I'm with you on this.  On shop air compressor setups there is a minimum distance from the compressor to the drier so the air can cool back down and the water falls back out of the air.  Putting this can in the coolest location possible should greatly increase its effectiveness.

Correct.  Your a good addition to these discussions.

dalum

Quote from: Tuner Boost on April 14, 2014, 06:36:03 PM

Aww shucks mam, you do make me blush  :wub: :big thanx:

1: You put a solenoid controlled valve on the can with a hose heading somewhere to drain.

2: Put a hose barb on the can, fuel line on the barb, then a manual valve in an easy to get to location.

Two is cheaper and has the added benefit of increasing the can's holding capacity.  The hose would always have to stay lower then the can though.
2013 Non-PP SHO

Tuner Boost

Quote from: dalum on April 15, 2014, 02:11:57 PM
Quote from: Tuner Boost on April 14, 2014, 06:36:03 PM

Aww shucks mam, you do make me blush  :wub: :big thanx:

1: You put a solenoid controlled valve on the can with a hose heading somewhere to drain.

2: Put a hose barb on the can, fuel line on the barb, then a manual valve in an easy to get to location.

Two is cheaper and has the added benefit of increasing the can's holding capacity.  The hose would always have to stay lower then the can though.

Both are good ideas!

JimiJak

For those that haven't seen: RX OCC - RE-MOUNTED OUTSIDE THE ENGINE BAY WITH REMOTE DRAIN ON XSPORT.

Not sure exactly how useful this is to the SHO platform...but food for thought.
"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build

jkeblaitis

Quote from: BiGMaC on March 26, 2014, 07:48:49 PM
Rx generally charges $9/ft and recommends 20 feet as it takes a minimum of 16 feet just for the can.
my kit only came with 8ft of the upgraded ss lines ? i emailed Tracy and he told me it should be enough
2013 SHO, PP, tuxedo black, Airaid cai, LMS 3bar 93 V8 tune, Corsa black tip exhaust

ZSHO

Would like to add a catch can down the road,this setup is just temp,used a k&n filter and a 1/2 elbow,no issues with putting the engine cover on,and also a 3/8 plug.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|