• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Some questions for Mr Torrie

Started by FoMoCoSHO, March 20, 2014, 10:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Due to 4DR having my boost actuated cutout and a dyno upgrade at the shop I will be using I'm at least 6 weeks out. I'm starting to plan this out in my head and I'd like to make this as simple for you as possible.

I would like 3 tunes... 91(travel only), 93, and a E-85 blend tune.

In my head it seems switching to 93 now to get the E-85 completely out makes the most sense for the beginning stages.

When you tune for the blend, where would you like the mixture at to start?

Does the cutout have any effect on the tune? I also have catted DP's.

Thanks!

Josephm

Who are you writing this to?
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

DJE624

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: DJE624 on March 20, 2014, 11:13:51 PM
Quote from: Josephm on March 20, 2014, 11:12:34 PM
Who are you writing this to?

Unleashed.
Yes, thanks for the assist. I had to look to make sure I hadn't fat fingered something and put this in the wrong place.

SwampRat

2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

Josephm

I thought you were meaning to message him, and instead made a thread.

Whoops. Did not see it was in Vendor area-
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

BiGMaC

Maybe re-title your thread to Some Questions For Mr. Torrie McPhail and post your original questions again...if you don't want to email or pm him... I'd like to hear the answers though

Just a suggestion so your inquires aren't buried in all our posts on top of them.  :clown:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

FoMoCoSHO

SwampRat

Torrie , your thoughts on the the below post would be appreciated .
PM sent to Torrie .

Quote from: SwampRat on April 15, 2014, 09:17:51 PM
For those that are questioning the need for upgraded injectors for the 3.5 EB  this is an excerpt from the article in the link further below .

Sounds like pretty convincing data to me .

Any tuner will tell you that the more data they have on the parts in a particular setup, the better than can tune a car. Deatschwerks spent about a year developing and verifying injector calibration summaries for their entire modern muscle car product line. "When you purchase a set of our injectors, what comes with them–which, in many cases, tuners find more valuable–is the tuning data," says Deatsch.

"All of our modern muscle injectors have plug-and-play tuning data to get set up in your ECU...You can go right to our website, go to the Resources tab, find the GM or Ford calibrations, pick your injector part number, download an Excel spreadsheet, and the copy and paste the injector data you need for tuning right into the ECU tables."
http://www.streetlegaltv.com/features/pri-coverage/pri-2013-deatschwerks-new-gdi-injectors-and-calibration-summaries/

These injectors along with a modified fuel pump , or maybe unlocking the FRP through tuning as hinted at by FoMoCoSho is what is going to make things happen .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST