• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

28k and shot..

Started by BlueSHO, February 21, 2014, 07:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJE624

Those Porterfield pads are sounding interesting.

SHOdded

Only issue is they don't list pads for the rears, probably have to put in a call to find out why.  They do have front/rear for my Edge tho :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

They also have front and rear for the '13 SHO and the R4-S does look interesting.  Seem  to run about $100/axle. Here are the links for the interested

'13 SHO, etc., front: http://www.porterfield-brakes.com/product_info.php?productID=20237

and rear: http://www.porterfield-brakes.com/product_info.php?productID=20238

Weird that they don't manufacture for both axles on 2010-2012 SHOs.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

Ya I don't know if AP1377 would fit the '10-'12 rear (http://porterfield-brakes.com/product_info.php?productID=15596).  Bit confusing.  If the rear brakes are the same as for the regular taurus (like on Gen I/II SHO's), we might get lucky.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Kolk1

Quote from: Kolk1 on February 28, 2014, 06:31:40 PM
Not sure if Autoplicity finally agreed to my emails, or they got the Emails from Paypal, but I just got an email from Autoplicity that they are canceling my order and refunding my money.

So the search is on for the next best price. Im not sure I want to stick with EBC Red pads. I wanted to go with the Yellows due to how much more heat they can handle. I was also convinced I wanted the EBC USR rotors, since supposedly they are quieter and grip almost as good as the Gold/brass colored dimpled and slotted rotors they sell, which supposedly make more noise.

But then I also think, maybe since all my other brake issues are fixed now, and im also doing steel braided lines, that by using EBC rotors with EBC pads, ill be better off compared to how right now im using EBC reds with Stoptech rotors.

Little update, I dont have my money back from Autoplicity yet, but I know paypal usually takes 3-4 days before I ever see refunds show up in paypal.

I did go ahead and I ordered the EBC USR Slotted Rotors, and EBC Red pads from Amazon, I have free 2 day shipping with amazon prime, so they say they will be here Wed. I also decided to give the Red pads another try. I did re-order a set of steel braided brake lines, but I ordered them from THmotorsports. Ive had good luck with them in the past.

SHOdded

C'mon Amazon!  Toosday!

Kolk1

Im actually off Wed, so im happy with that. But I dont think my brake lines will be here that quick, so either way I gotta wait. Oh well, a couple days is a lot better than 5 weeks from autoplicity.

kinder

I liked my porters. I'll grab again when time comes. If anyone here grabs them first be sure to post about them. ;)
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Woody

My 09 MKS was on the stock pads at 52k.  I had the rotors turned when the parking brakes locked up and the read pads and rotors were replaced.  My wife's 11 Flex got about 85k out of the stock pads. I was SHOCKED.  She leased a Pontiac G6 and was metal on metal in front in under 30k.

Needmoreboost

I only got 10,000 on mine and I would like different pads.  These feel and sound weird after they get a little warm.
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.