• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

How hard do you drive your car?

Started by boostedflex, April 24, 2014, 08:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boostedflex

Hey guys,

I know we have a lot of people that have had tunes installed reliably for many miles, my question is how hard do you all drive your tunes rides?  I tend to get on my Flex once or twice a day, usually A quick 0 to 50 (when I can do it safely).  Will I need to worry about doing this and the ocassional highway sprint to 80 or 90?

Thanks
2017 Explorer Sport
Stock

2012 Flex, sold
Unleashed 93 tune, 170 degree t-stat, Airaid intake, Motorcraft SP534 plugs

geswek

LOL; I'm about to spin 30k on the odo and my car isn't a year old.

I drive the HELL out of it. I've already gone through one front bumper, lower bumper, lower skid plate, and soon a set of wheels (thanks to pot holes).

It's been taken to Texas once from PA on 93 tune -- I've ran numerous passes at drag strip -- I've pulled some Carl Edwards shite on the street (yes she will drift).

68_GT

I don't drive mine as hard as the lunatic above lol but I drive it pretty hard too. No problems here. Plenty of hard downshift higf rpm driving with the paddle shifters and a few 0-140 blasts :)
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

geswek

Quote from: 68_GT on April 24, 2014, 08:16:33 PM
I don't drive mine as hard as the lunatic above lol but I drive it pretty hard too. No problems here.

LOL; I didn't buy it to drive like a grandma -- I bought it to handle business.

In fairness; the front bumper was a 18 wheeler blowout, lower engine cover was thanks to a pothole covered with snow, lower bumper was me not paying attention and hitting a upward entrance fast as hell (low problems), and wheels--eh TSW sucks with durability LOL.

68_GT

Oh ok that makes more sense LMAO :)

partly why I like having a tad taller sidewall tire too !
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

geswek

Quote from: 68_GT on April 24, 2014, 08:23:16 PM

You live in Texas LMAO; I'm from Austin -- I haven't seen pot holes like this ever; they're big enough to swallow your car!

donky4444

I would say I drive pretty hard. I buy fast cars to go fast. If I wanted to drive like a normal human I would be driving something that gets better MPG.
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

Needmoreboost

You guys are Freakin crazy.  I've never been over 70 mph and half throttle in my car.  :)
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

BiGMaC

Quote from: Needmoreboost on April 24, 2014, 08:49:53 PM
You guys are Freakin crazy.  I've never been over 70 mph and half throttle in my car.  :)

... I have this bridge for sale in San Francisco.... LOL

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

68_GT

Quote from: geswek on April 24, 2014, 08:24:27 PM
Quote from: 68_GT on April 24, 2014, 08:23:16 PM

You live in Texas LMAO; I'm from Austin -- I haven't seen pot holes like this ever; they're big enough to swallow your car!

Austin oh yeah. I'm surprised your SHO is in one piece. Those highways are chaos !

geswek

Quote from: 68_GT on April 24, 2014, 09:32:16 PM
Austin oh yeah. I'm surprised your SHO is in one piece. Those highways are chaos !

I live in PA now; it's worse out here.

IHeartGroceries

If we're talking about loading up the engine, yeah, I drive the piss out of mine. I can't help but to goose it almost constantly.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
2013 SHO PP

itsacrazyasian

I drive mine hard enough that the average mileage says 7.8.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: itsacrazyasian on April 24, 2014, 10:57:43 PM
Holy s***. LOL!

I had 9 runs at the strip last week and ended up at 16.7 for the tank.

SHOdded

Quote from: itsacrazyasian on April 24, 2014, 10:57:43 PM
We're not talking about your Diablo!  :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!