• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

EGT Gauges

Started by geswek, April 24, 2014, 08:04:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geswek

I'm going to measure post turbo EGT; do I need a max 1600F or 2000F? I don't know what EGT range is on gasoline truck; I know on my old diesel we use to get 2500F gauges because we would clearly exceed 1600F in seconds.

geswek

Nevermind; I looked at bpd photos and he has 1600F EGT gauge.

bpd1151

1600F has always been plenty  in my own application, and the Ecoboost engine/platform.

I can't recall, other than during the heat wave of last Summer, when temps were routinely in the 90's and 100's, that the EGT gauges  (as I have two, one for bank one, and one for bank two) had ever eclipsed 1300F or beyond.

So 1600F provides enough "headroom" in our applications.

It is fun watching the needle move downwards to, during those times when WOT and the Methanol kicks in....

Entertaining.  :drive:

geswek

Quote from: bpd1151 on April 24, 2014, 10:37:04 AM
1600F has always been plenty  in my own application, and the Ecoboost engine/platform.

I can't recall, other than during the heat wave of last Summer, when temps were routinely in the 90's and 100's, that the EGT gauges  (as I have two, one for bank one, and one for bank two) had ever eclipsed 1300F or beyond.

So 1600F provides enough "headroom" in our applications.

It is fun watching the needle move downwards to, during those times when WOT and the Methanol kicks in....

Entertaining.  :drive:

Haha; yes indeed--I got one for each bank.

Yours in the DP's bpd? or did you do them before the turbo?

bpd1151