• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Upgraded fuel system for transverse ecoboost

Started by EcoPowerParts, April 23, 2014, 11:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

Guys I have had this available for awhile for me to sell, it's a dual in tank fuel pump setup which allows you to run 2x DW300 pumps (or similar form factor) and requires you to wire into the stock harness (not plug and play). You use your stock line with quick connects for -6 front and rear as a return line, install a fuel pressure regulator and run a new -6 from tank to engine bay and then replace hard line from DI pump to the stock plastic line.
The install is fairly easy but it's a pain in the rear, took about 12 hours to do mine when it was done.
I don't want to source the hose or fittings for you guys as it will just be more expensive, I can't buy enough to get a decent discount.
I'm waiting for pricing from Squash so I can let you guys know.
I've known this works from the testing on my car and recently I've been working with another company on the F150 platform. The truck put down 480HP on upgraded compressor wheels with stock DI pump and injectors with a setup like this on 93 octane. Without meth this makes it easily the highest HP truck on the planet besides ATP's system where they copied my extra injectors.

You do not need extra injectors, stock DI pump and injectors will be able to support approximately 100+ HP more than with stock in tank pump setup.
I was able to support 500WHP on E50 in my Flex (that's around 600WHP on 93 octane)

Another innovation from me that I'm sure others will copy soon enough.

Here's what it looks like - factory lower basket still fits on just like stock:

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

IHeartGroceries

So, it's as simple as delivering more to the HPFP from the low side?

What about 13+ owners? FoMoCoSHO suggests the high pressure pumps are the same throughout, but the lows were revised for 13 plus m/y, and are capable of more delivery than previous m/y.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
2013 SHO PP

EcoPowerParts

This would still be a HUGE improvement over stock setup.
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

Wilson

So with this we could run ATP turbos at high boost levels using stock injectors?

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk
2013 SHO (non-PP) Ruby Red Tintcoat
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires

EcoPowerParts

www.ecopowerparts.com -

EcoPowerParts

I have pricing for the pump scenario - $799 each with two DW300 pumps included.
You'd probably have around $600 in fuel pressure regulator fittings, lines, wiring etc to get it all installed plus any labor if you won't install it yourself.
If you order today the pumps would ship within 2 weeks as they're made to order per customer.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

TaurusBuilder

Hmmm, I'm going to have to think about this.  Some install pics or instructions would help me make my decision.

Soon to be fastest MKS on the planet!
Mods: Magnaflow exhaust with cut-outs, Ecoboost hot pipes with BOV, Injen intake, Livernois 4+ tune,LMS downpipes,NGK spark plugs, 170 thermostat, RK sport roof spoiler........lots more to come

panther427

Mike I thank you for offering something. This would important for anyone wanting to push the envelope. 
Questions. What is the fuel pressure of the stock system and this one?  What's the difference in fuel line size?

Did you get any data on fuel rail pressure when you had your setup?  Especially pressure spikes and drops. What was your injectors duty cycle?   

I also was thinking about your extra injector today. I was thinking there might be a limit to the amount of fuel you can deliver through non di. Due to combustion chamber design,piston top design and how that interact with quench areas, flame front and pre ignition.
2013 SHO

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: TaurusBuilder on April 23, 2014, 09:54:00 PM
Hmmm, I'm going to have to think about this.  Some install pics or instructions would help me make my decision.
I have some pictures, I'll try and do a write up Sunday.
Quote from: panther427 on April 24, 2014, 03:28:09 AM
Mike I thank you for offering something. This would important for anyone wanting to push the envelope. 
Questions. What is the fuel pressure of the stock system and this one?  What's the difference in fuel line size?

Did you get any data on fuel rail pressure when you had your setup?  Especially pressure spikes and drops. What was your injectors duty cycle?   
I also was thinking about your extra injector today. I was thinking there might be a limit to the amount of fuel you can deliver through non di. Due to combustion chamber design,piston top design and how that interact with quench areas, flame front and pre ignition.
Stock pressure is right around 50 if I remember, I had mine set to 58psi and boost referenced so we were seeing 84psi at 26psi boost.
I went -6 to the FPR vs a 3/8" and smaller (the metal tube line) to the DI pump stock.
I didn't record any, the key to my testing was that I had E48 in the tank and had to use the aux injectors with the stock in tank pumps in order to go WOT. As soon as I installed the upgraded fuel system I was able to remove the aux injectors and run on stock DI pump/injectors without an issue. This was around 480WHP with my upgraded stock turbos. Full E85 the pump setup wasn't enough but E48 was fine.
I've verified this on a truck with upgraded turbos on 93, pre pump upgrade the truck ran out of fuel, post upgrade it worked great. With no other changes other than boost referencing the FPR the truck picked up 30HP.

This works and it works well and a 3rd party has verified my findings.

www.ecopowerparts.com -

FoMoCoSHO

Gen 4.1 Is spec'd at 55psi fixed

Gen 4.2 is variable with max at 65psi

This info comes from my pals at the d-ship who were kind enough to do the research for me.

EcoPowerParts

The factory pumps can't keep up with the load required to source the fuel IMHO and has been verified in trucks and cars.
The truck a Walbro 450 was used and without the 1:1 FPR couldn't keep up with the fuel demands.
We're basically jamming more fuel into the DI pump per square inch.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

EcoPowerParts

Just FYI, Geoff and I from Full-Race are working on the truck solution:
Quote from: Full-Race Geoff;3451155Yes, we are still working on this. the freakoboost is apart getting a lot of work done.. single turbo kit is off and wont go back on. I havent posted lately because the work isnt done and won't be done for at least a couple more months. right now is pre-race and tax refund season... aside from our typical racing customers, the amount of F150 intercooler and exhaust orders we are building is insanity, and even my top fabricators who normally do prototype work were moved to production to prevent backlogs.

the freakoboost is under the knife to receive:
-twin borgwarner EFR6258 turbos
-full-race 3" twin turbo downpipes and intake
-intank walbro e85 pump + bosch HPFP + deatschwerks GDI injectors + Mike Bambic's external fpr setup
-production oil cooler kit + production meth tank kit

on a side note, we recently tuned our fusion ecoboost with COBB accessport software again, really wish some of the other tuning companies would take a few hints from their software...
www.ecopowerparts.com -

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on April 24, 2014, 02:43:51 PM
The factory pumps can't keep up with the load required to source the fuel IMHO and has been verified in trucks and cars.
The truck a Walbro 450 was used and without the 1:1 FPR couldn't keep up with the fuel demands.
I believe you are correct but I think there is a middle ground for those that may not want or need a 10 second car, lol. With Torries guidance I plan to explore the limits of the 2013 fuel system.

EcoPowerParts

The only other way will be a DI pump and possibly injectors however if you can run out of lift pump already adding those will only increase the problem.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

IHeartGroceries

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on April 24, 2014, 07:27:55 PM
Quote from: 4DRHTRD on April 24, 2014, 02:43:51 PM
I believe you are correct but I think there is a middle ground for those that may not want or need a 10 second car, lol. With Torries guidance I plan to explore the limits of the 2013 fuel system.

My thoughts exactly.

Looking forward to the results of your exploration.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP