• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Livernois V8 Tune

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, April 21, 2014, 04:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68_GT

With the v8 tune and then the regap my mileage is definitely better but yes that is based off the computer calculations. I don't know how accurate that computer calculation is but it's still up 4-5 mpg from the previous v7 tune with my plugs at .28. I wonder how large the gaps can go now because my SHO runs flawlessly. I drove like a senior citizen to get those numbers but it's legit. Granted my commute is pretty flat so it's not lugging up hills either.

For those miss shifts I have gotten it too. It's the only bug I can find int the tune but it's the same on the stock tune also. I only get it if I stomp it causing a downshift to 1st that causes wheel spin and the traction control kicks in and I continue to run it up to redline then I get the missed shift. It's something to do with the traction control and reduced / eliminated torque management getting confused.

Simple fix turn off your traction control and it won't happen. At least not in mine.
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

Dxlnt1

Quote from: BiGMaC on April 23, 2014, 09:56:24 PM
Unaware of any reason to wait on giving her a push, or any recommendations from any tuner regarding this.

What I am wondering is if the shift problem is only PP... both... or just a few cars?  looking for a common similarity in the cars that have been shown to exhibit this behavior

I have this happen seemingly on an almost regular basis. Car will miss 1-2 and/or 2-3 shift. By then the fun is over and I back it down so as not to continually over rev. My car is non PP '11. It's also happened with TCS both on and off.

Quote from: geswek on April 23, 2014, 10:07:16 PM
I've always had the nannies kick in during 2-3 causing a mis-shift even with the 93 octane tune from last year (which I've been running until I got V8.)

The only time I don't experience it is if I completely turn off AdvanceTrac, which is an option on the performance package SHO.

I think the computer gets confused of the rapid speed and has a brain freeze during the shift.

It was in one of my AFR test videos where I had it happen at 2-3 because I hadn't turned off AdvanceTrac.

This was explanation I got from Anthony. I wasn't completely sold since car is supposed to shift at 6600 regardless of what other parameters it sees.

LMS rewriting my tunes now and looking into. They also suggest something mechanical with car. But I've never seen the issue when running stock. Seems like a strange coinky dink to me.

Quote from: 68_GT on April 23, 2014, 10:47:04 PM
With the v8 tune and then the regap my mileage is definitely better but yes that is based off the computer calculations. I don't know how accurate that computer calculation is but it's still up 4-5 mpg from the previous v7 tune with my plugs at .28. I wonder how large the gaps can go now because my SHO runs flawlessly. I drove like a senior citizen to get those numbers but it's legit. Granted my commute is pretty flat so it's not lugging up hills either.

Simple fix turn off your traction control and it won't happen. At least not in mine.

Can you repost actual mileage in the future? The highest mileage I ever saw real life was 23 mpg and that was all highway averaging maybe 75-80 mph.
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

68_GT

Quote from: Dxlnt1 on April 24, 2014, 07:19:11 AM
Quote from: BiGMaC on April 23, 2014, 09:56:24 PM
Unaware of any reason to wait on giving her a push, or any recommendations from any tuner regarding this.

What I am wondering is if the shift problem is only PP... both... or just a few cars?  looking for a common similarity in the cars that have been shown to exhibit this behavior

I have this happen seemingly on an almost regular basis. Car will miss 1-2 and/or 2-3 shift. By then the fun is over and I back it down so as not to continually over rev. My car is non PP '11. It's also happened with TCS both on and off.

Quote from: geswek on April 23, 2014, 10:07:16 PM
I've always had the nannies kick in during 2-3 causing a mis-shift even with the 93 octane tune from last year (which I've been running until I got V8.)

The only time I don't experience it is if I completely turn off AdvanceTrac, which is an option on the performance package SHO.

I think the computer gets confused of the rapid speed and has a brain freeze during the shift.

It was in one of my AFR test videos where I had it happen at 2-3 because I hadn't turned off AdvanceTrac.

This was explanation I got from Anthony. I wasn't completely sold since car is supposed to shift at 6600 regardless of what other parameters it sees.

LMS rewriting my tunes now and looking into. They also suggest something mechanical with car. But I've never seen the issue when running stock. Seems like a strange coinky dink to me.

Quote from: 68_GT on April 23, 2014, 10:47:04 PM

Can you repost actual mileage in the future? The highest mileage I ever saw real life was 23 mpg and that was all highway averaging maybe 75-80 mph.

I can try. I guess I can fill up, drive to work and back and fill up again when I get home and calculate the actual gallons it took to refill with the miles driven. Hard to do with only highway miles, and me driving that disciplined to not drink up more gas :) I'll try tomorrow.
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

Dxlnt1

Drive the whole tank out. ! trip is unrealistic. Drive until your next fill up. Then divide miles driven by gallons added. That would be a good number for that tankful
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

68_GT

Quote from: Dxlnt1 on April 24, 2014, 05:57:49 PM
Drive the whole tank out. ! trip is unrealistic. Drive until your next fill up. Then divide miles driven by gallons added. That would be a good number for that tankful

yeah I don't have that kind of discipline plus my wife drives mine to her daily cross fit class in the mornings and I have no idea how she drives it. My experience is soley based on my SHO computer calculation with my occasional senior citizen driving style just to see how high I could get that number That being said I've been around 23mpg city lol but that's hard to do ever watch the number go down while you're sitting still at a red light ?! These numbers admitadely are under the perfect conditions. Very little stopping, very little 0-50 acceleration, super light throttle like barely pressing the throttle to get it to move, and all done on flat ground just cruising a constant speed.

Is there any information that disputes the accuracy of the computers calculated gas mileage ? anyway if it's off all of ours should be equally off. So if my computer says I get 31 and your computer says you get 23 I'd assume I get 8mpg better ?? If not 8 it's still clearly better.

Maybe it's the weight reduction with my performance package !? :)

Fa-SHO

Well sad to report, but it appears the V8 is not as good as earlier versions with respect to track performance.  V8 I feel is excellent for daily driving, very well behaved and feels good to the butt-dyno.  I had a drag race this weekend and I lost a nearly full 0.1 of a second off of my 60' time.  With earlier versions I was getting 1.85's and with V8 all i could muster was a 1.92.  The track was well prepped and I couldn't notice any traction issues off of the line, had 28psi in the fronts and 30psi in the rears.  In the interest of full disclosure DA was pretty terrible at 3000' but that's why i'm comparing my 60' times versus full 1/8th mile times because i expected it to be a little slower at the trap, but 60' shouldn't suffer.  I'm going to give Anthony a shout and see what they think.
2013 SHO w/PP, x-pipe, dynomax mufflers, k&n drop-in filter, 170* t-stat, 3-bar MAP, LMS tune
1/8th: 8.71 @ 84 mph (factory stock)
1/8th: 8.18 @ 84 mph (above mods)
1/4: 12.80 @ 107 mph (above mods)

SRT82ECOBOOST

^^^It all depends on what you DA was on your previous runs to really have a proper comparison.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

Fa-SHO

My previous best was with around a 1200 DA, that's why I'm not comparing 1/8th mile times. 60' is much less affected by DA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 SHO w/PP, x-pipe, dynomax mufflers, k&n drop-in filter, 170* t-stat, 3-bar MAP, LMS tune

SRT82ECOBOOST

I guess I don't see how higher DA does not impact 60' times. Additionally it is important to know the amount of water grains in the air at a time of a race.
Ultimately to compare the two tunes it would have to be back to back on the same track with proper cool down between runs.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

Fa-SHO

Well i didn't say it isn't impacted, I said much less affected.  It's such a short distance that variances have to be quite large to affect it.  In comparison I was getting similar 1.93 60' times with my bone stock car.  For every version of the LMS tune that I've had, in all temperatures at the 5 different tracks in the area my 60' times have always been sub 1.9's, consistently in the 1.85-1.86 range.  So for my 60' times to be similar to stock there's a definite difference in the parameter settings between the V7 and V8, probably has to do with dealing with the 1-2 shift hesitation issue.

I agree that the best comparison is as you stated, but I didn't have that opportunity since this was an actual race not test-n-tune and I don't have the V7 on the tuner anymore.

Anyways, this is my experience with the tune, take it for what it's worth.

geswek

I had a chance to compare a tank and I must say it's definitely improved with V8 tune.

I had to go up to Jersey City (about 240 miles round trip) plus two days of city driving.

I filled up tonight and it was 373.5 miles on clock with 15.235 gallon fill up; 24.51 mpg.

I will see how that goes this week with work since I do a lot of highway driving. Before I was getting about 20mpg combined with little city driving.

Dxlnt1

Nice.

Received tune update today. Installed 3 bar first, then tune. Fired car up with no codes or problems.

Except, and I occasionally got this before, upon completion of loading tune, I got cross traffic fault, and blind spot system fault on display. Again, these codes came in a while back so Im not sure if related to the tune itself but shouldn't be.

Also, I was having several issues with car. I found when installing 3 bar, I had apparently forgot to reconnect a sensor thats located in front of manifold. Probably caused bunch of errors. SO I owe LMS an apology for insinuating a possible issue with their tune. Not saying the missed sensor was definitely the problem or not, but I indeed missed  something. SO owning up and taking responsibility for my failure in this.

Apologies to LMS if you reading this.

ShoBoat

I would really like to see the Dyno numbers on the V8 tune. I have been trying to get out to the track this year with no luck. And this weekend looks like rain so no luck again. I can make the statement that on 2 different nights couldn't muster a sub 1.9 60. The next weekend I couldn't get over 1.9 unless I didn't hit the gas pedal. It is possible that weather impacts the 60 like that. However that said I still feel that the V8 tune is a bit weaker than my original tune from last year. But that is only a seat of the pants feel and I maybe totally wrong. I'll know better when I can actually get to the track.

Btw when is LMS track day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

geswek

I was at LMS today while in town on business; met the guys -- great group.

I recall them saying somewhere around June was their track day; might want to call them and ask.

I picked up few more parts so I'm hoping to get some 1/4 slips on V8 3-bar soon as well as a new dyno pull. I'm interested to compare V8 3-bar against my original 93 octane tune from last year on 2-bar.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!