• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Early planning 2014 Ford Nationals - Carlisle

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 23, 2013, 02:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

This topic is for the discussions of a group trip to 2014 Ford Nationals at Carlisle.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

mjhpadi

Glad you brought this up...I meant with another SHO guy (bamsho) about getting an early start.  He would like to start working on getting a list together of people who are coming and we thought that getting several of the SHO/Taurus forums together for one club and getting a tent would work best on getting us an infield spot.  I know there has been some contact with Ford concerning the show, since next year is the 25th anniversary for the SHO.  I understand that Ford has not had much response to the inquiries...we were hoping that maybe someone with a Ford connection could help move this along.  Also we are dealing with next year being Mustang's 50th anniversary (although in my book it's not until 2015...since initial Mustangs were not called 64 1/2 but '65's)  Anyway, to have a club tent the cost is $175.00...not sure how to raise the money if people feel a tent would be a bonus.  I think it would be nice to have enough people commit and register for the show by the end of the year that we could then figure out what else we could do.  Also we do have information on motels/hotels if people are going to need that info.  But several people are involved in getting this rolling, and anyone that wants to help is welcome...but it's in the works to at least get us an infield spot for this show.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

EcoPowerParts

Tell me what I need to do and I will be happy to help out!!!
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Larrylu

Mark I think this is close enough to my home turf to be really appealing. I've got a buddy who has a '13 SEL. I had him seriously lusting for a SHO but he kept getting sticker shock and settled for the less expensive model. I'm going to see if he'd like to drive out with me and check out the event.  Sounds like a great time!!  If we get a club tent, do we get to park together in a SHO area?
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

mjhpadi

Larry, since as of now, that's the plan, but we are not going to be exclusively SHO, we are also planning on including Taurus/Sables from guys at Taurus Car Club of America, so we can be sure to have enough people to have an infield spot at the show...we would all be able to park together.  If you've never been to Carlisle it's an amazing event, it is worth the trip just to see it once, even if you don't care for it.  But it's even more fun when everyone can park in one spot and just spend some time together.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)

mjhpadi

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on June 23, 2013, 03:17:47 PM
Tell me what I need to do and I will be happy to help out!!!

As we get a little more info together, I'll try to come up with some ideas, I think first thing is to get you guys the info on registering...I will talk with Brian(bamsho) this week, and post contact info within the next few days.  For those of you who are ready to commit...would you like to register individually under a club name or would you like someone to take care of registering...however, I'm not sure how paying would work...I know that as a club the people have to pay when they register.

SHOdded

I would like to be at the event 4 sure, but regardless, I will be happy to chip in for the club tent.  It is unfortunate that the 25th anniversary of the Taurus platform has come and gone, but we need to work on a backup plan (as a SHO community on here and SHOforum.com at least) in case Ford does not come through at all.  But I have to say that I feel that Ford will step up if they hear enough of a ruckus from us!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

mjhpadi

You are correct, the 25th anniversary of the SHO would have been in 2011...well, this should make getting things a bit easier.

DJE624

I think the Taurus 25th (1986) was 2011 and the SHO 25th (1989) will be 2014. Right?

mjhpadi

Dave you are correct, I was wrong...you are right on with your years. When I looked for it, the info I found said the SHO was introduced in 85 but I just did more checking and you are correct.

DJE624

Great!  The SHO 25th is.............coming right up!

Scott13SHO

I'll be there! I'm hoping Ford does something with the SHO at next years show in addition the Mustang...I went earlier this month for the first time and its impressive there! You need more then one day to see everything though...I did the deathmarch in a couple hours Saturday and I was beat the next day...and I missed the SHO's that where there!

Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

adelsin

2013 Green Gem SHO PP, all available options.

geswek

I'll definitely be there since Carlisle is a hop and skip from me.

bamsho

Hi guys, sorry about get here late, here is the info for next years 2014 Carlisle.  Havent heard back from FORD, so will have to try to figure something out.  I have a design for a tshirt for the event I my head, just need to get in on paper.  This is from my friend Terri H, from SHOforum, she usually gets the tent, but got stuck one year, so hasn't gotten since.  She said contacts have changed at Carlisle, I'll let her work on it from her end there. I'll let everyone know if I here anything new.

Default 2014 Carlisle All-Ford Nationals TENT THREAD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2014 Carlisle All-Ford Nationals TENT THREAD

This is the earliest Carlisle post in history!

Several people have discussed wanting to do something special for 2014 for the 25th anniversary. I'll leave those details to a separate thread.

The main thing to keep in mind is that early registration not only guarantees us a better spot on the SHOwfield, it ensures we have enough room for all participants to be together and with 25+ we get a free tent.

I've opened this now so it is here once folks start to register. Registration is available now but it is $49.50 (10% discount - until 5/5/14). In years past there has been an "early bird" registration in the fall, which is usually cheaper by $10 or more. (I think they push it as a Christmas present idea.)
**Whoever catches the "sale" first, please give this thread a bump.**

http://store.carlisleevents.com/Sear...lts.asp?Cat=24

IMPORTANT: As you register, please be sure that you select LIBERTY SHO CLUB from the drop-down menu under Ford Club.

Once you complete your registration, please post the following information into this thread:

Order Number

we also need your forum name.

and real name.

Let's see how many registrations/posts we can get before New Year's Day!

2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.