• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

DJE's Exterior Mods

Started by DJE624, December 06, 2013, 01:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJE624

Have just done a few subtle mods to my exterior.  Last summer, the first thing I did was remove the black pin stripes.  I got the windows tinted 50% on sides and back, had the Eibachs installed and put on SHO hub overlays.  Next, was a sorta big move going with the red surround tail lights.  Since then, I recently removed all badges except for the front and rear ovals.  This was in preparation for getting my new fender ornaments.  Yup, I said ornaments.  That's what Ford calls them.  Says so right on the box.  LOL  Up until now, I've been calling them "vents" (with quotation marks).  Not really a mod but I got some pretty neat plates, too.  12 SHO  I would still like to do a light tint on the headlights to take the edge off them but, after my tint removal nightmare, I'm holding off on that for now.  It's too cold anyway and I thought maybe I might have a pro tinter do it.  I had thought about having the roof painted gloss black but have scrapped that idea.  Hopefully, this Spring I'm getting the TSW Tremblants I have been pining over.  I still want to try to remove the SHO from my rear emblem and see if I want to use the letters on the trunk lid.  But, the lid looks nice and clean being plain, and the plates let other drivers know they've just been tromped by a SHO!

DJE624

Oh yeah, I have some Lamin-X tint for the rear lower reflectors I want to put on.  That will make a nice black/white line in the back.

68_GT

very clean I like it.

Do the darker 13 headlights fit in the previous years ?

I would want to add the blacked out headlights and newer grill and call it a day. Plus the rims you mentioned.

what are they ?
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

DJE624

Thanks!  I don't think the '13 lights would fit seeing how they changed the grill, etc.  You might be able to do the whole front end, clip and all.

Here are the Tremblants I want.

BiGMaC

Sweet wheels DJ!  I hope Santa can help you some on those.

I agree, on a white SHO I wouldn't go with the blacked out HL's... chrome inside is better looking and cleaner.  :thumb:

On my tux black SHO I am putting the next to darkest Lamin-X and going to LED switchbacks and side markers.  Doing the darkest Lamin-X on the tails.   

I love your idea of doing the reflectors... do you think the low position will decrease the life of the Lamin-X?

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

DJE624

Thanks Tom! 

The Lamin-X is pretty thick stuff.  I think it will last as long as the car does.

BiGMaC

DJ, Which color is the Lamin-X you got for the reflectors? Are you going to cover them in pace, or remove and reattach?

Assuming you had to buy a fairly large sheet... I'd be interested in purchasing the left over if you think it would do another set of reflectors.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

DJE624

When you get the tail light tint, they will include the reflectors on a '13.  When I saw that Darkside had them, I called and they sent me some material for my '12.  I had smoked (med dark) in the rear and gunsmoke (med) in the front.  I should have used tint (light) in the front for my preference.  You will still be able to see some red in my reflectors close up but from a distance they will not stand out. I will try to do them in place so I can wedge the tint in the gap.  Then trim at the base of the gap with a razor.

BiGMaC

Good info... I am doing Charcoal on the tails (darkest) and med (gunsmoke) on the HL's   
Sounds likeI should get the reflector kits with the Tails... but in Charcoal... I may have to lighten that with a stock sheet if they are going to be functional at all.

SHOdded

Great to see your mods get their own thread, and even better to see the stellar results!  :thumb:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

DJE624

Thanks Man!  I'm happy with it so far.  I really don't want to do too much more.  I like the subtle changes I've made and I think the wheels will just top it off.

mjhpadi

New side vents look great Dave! I really like the change I made to the rear, because I don't really care for the debadged look (thanks bpd for the idea)!

BTW, not posted much, had my monthly eye injection today and they diulated both my eyes, so I can't see worth a darn!! Also the tint on my tails are the gunsmoke from Lamin-X.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

DJE624

DJE624

BiGMaC

But it goes with the color scheme!   LOL