• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

LEDs

Started by geswek, July 20, 2013, 03:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geswek

This project is done.

See "how-to" here; http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=945

geswek

I just did more research and turns out that for signals; I'm going to need resistors regardless.

The CANBUS bulbs are only for bulb out trips. I don't know if I have that in my car. I think it's only Audi/BMW/Mercedes that have the system where it tells you what lights are out.

I'm kinda thinking about Bob's Switchback idea thought I don't know if I want "white" lights where my signal is when it's off. I kinda like the combination of amber and white.

DJE624

White could be cool.  We used to use chrome amber lights so they looked white when off. 

geswek

Nah these are different; switchbacks light up white when you don't have our turn signal active. When you flip your turn signal on they alternate between white and amber. So basically it's like having a set of fog lights.

Ecobob has a thread in how-to; go check it out.

Kinda against.

mjhpadi

I would be careful just ordering bulbs from the numbers in the manual.  I have not been able to find anything that looks like the reverse bulb in my car.  Also, I know that when I went to do my bulbs in the interior, I could not use the same ones that Mike used in the how-to because they were too long.  Seems that between my build and Mike's Ford had switched the fixtures and the bulbs were different.  I would physically eyeball and measure the bulbs, so you get bulbs that will fit.
Lastly, when I tried to get LED's for just the taillight/stop bulb, I could not find one that would work correctly in the fixture...either they would not light or would light on full bright and not increase when the brake was applied.  One more thing, if you are going with LED in the front side marker light, although it calls for an amber bulb, it really should be a clear bulb because the marker itself is colored, and although I did get amber I believe clear would show a bit brighter...and these are a bear to get at to change the bulbs.  Just warning in advance.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

geswek

Thanks maj;

I did verify those bulbs against the physical ones.

Bulbs be here next week. WOOT.

mjhpadi

Just wanted to warn you, because I was really excited to change mine out and was pretty bummed when I had to return them and wait for the bulbs that fit. 
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)

geswek

I am sending backup lights back tho or canceling before they ship.

Stock bulb is 264 lumens, these LED are only 100 lumens and highest they have are 194 lumens. I rather be able to see backing up.

SoCalSHO

Will be interested to see if the bulbs you ordered  will actually fit. I would like to change out some of mine also.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

EcoPowerParts

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

geswek

Not really because bulbs are different across platforms.

It helps, but you really do have to determine your proper bulbs by inspecting yours and measuring.

I'm still hunting for a 260+ lumens 921 base LED.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOdded

I found these looking for hipowered reverse lighting.  Work pretty good, but ultimately will probably go with a 15W HID kit as the final in-place product.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

mjhpadi

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on July 21, 2013, 10:58:24 AM
Does this tell you want you need to know?
http://ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=528.0

It's a big help but as I stated earlier, the fixtures in Mike's car are different from the fixtures in my car, and the interior bulbs do NOT fit in the fixtures in my car.  So you have to check to see which fixtures you have.  We are not sure if it was a change in production or just different fixtures, since Mike's build date is only 10 days after mine.